Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna do my best to make this long story short. I've got a California model 98' 1100W that has but 10,00 miles on it. The bike is completely stock with the exception of a yoshi pipe and is having what i believe is some carb problems and this is where I am at now.

It idles fine and runs great above 6k rpm's, however it struggles to take off and go in the lower rpm range. This also only affects the bike when there is a load on it because it rev's fine.

I feel like it's a jetting issue, and maybe it's the main jets? i'm honestly stumped. I synced the carbs with the motion pro carb sync tool and feel like they are synced pretty good. If anyone can help that would be great because I am feeling pretty stumped :hammer

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm gonna do my best to make this long story short. I've got a California model 98' 1100W that has but 10,00 miles on it. The bike is completely stock with the exception of a yoshi pipe and is having what i believe is some carb problems and this is where I am at now.

It idles fine and runs great above 6k rpm's, however it struggles to take off and go in the lower rpm range. This also only affects the bike when there is a load on it because it rev's fine.

I feel like it's a jetting issue, and maybe it's the main jets? i'm honestly stumped. I synced the carbs with the motion pro carb sync tool and feel like they are synced pretty good. If anyone can help that would be great because I am feeling pretty stumped :hammer
is this happening when hot or even during a cold start.
i presume there is no issue in neutral and high rev, issue pops out say around 1.5-3K rpm it struggles and needs more throttle ? if so few things worth to check,
cable play - you have a adjuster near to the throttle which you need to adjust to zero down the play. Blocked/Partially blocked filter - clean with air, if KN use their solution to lube them.
fuel line - check them thoroughly
Jets - as you doubt, there are chances of the pilot jet being clogged, use a can of seafoam
check Plugs, plug caps (5K resistance should be there if you using R plug),Plug wires - trim the end of the plug wire and re-screw to the plug adapter
coils - check the reading of both coils if they throwing desired output (there are threads in this forum on how to check)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts