Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've done a few things to my bike and it's in the shop paid for.....i was gonig to throw it on a Factory Pro EC997 Eddy Power System, and get the ECU mapped.

Well the Mechanic said that to him the motor sounds like it's not getting oil to the bottom of the motor...does anyone know what that could mean?? oil pump maybe?? are there tests that i could have done?? I've been without my bike for a long time and basically i've been told that putting in a new engine would be cheaper then to trouble shoot my current one (droppin the engine, opening the cases and so forth) .....anybody with some suggestions

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like bullshit to me
hmmmmm, man I know what you mean...but the people are good people...but hell i don't know what to do...i want me my bike..but i don't want to ride down the road and have the engine lock up on me, you know?

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
bottom end on jap bikes are pretty much bullet proof..
get a second opinion...by the way are you at a fucking dealer now?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bottom end on jap bikes are pretty much bullet proof..
get a second opinion...by the way are you at a fucking dealer now?
oh yea?? hmmmmmm ....nope i wish...it's been slow lately

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i called him and he said it possible could be anything....dry bearings..oil pump..not sure

how does this sound

200 to tear the motor down....find what's wrong...order part and pay what sounded like more then 200 to put back together???

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
how did it sound to you?? and if you spring for the repair, be there and see the parts he pulls out that suppose to be bad...dont let him show you something that he says was from your engine..feckin dealers are good for one thing and that getting a bike from japan to you..nothing else.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
what sponge said - what does it sound like? Do you hear a knocking/slapping in the bottom end?

a leakdown test would confirm ring condition. damaged or highly-worn rings would be audible as piston slap, especially at low rpm. other causes for lower end noise would include rod bearings, crank bearings, or... a host of other problems.

'not getting enough oil' would not be something you'd hear. A problem caused by not enough oil would be. But by the time you heard it - the damage would already be done.

if the rings are really worn - you can still ride on 'em. You'll be down on power - way down - but you can milk it. Bearing problems should not be ridden on... it won't take much more to spin a damaged bearing and lock up the motor.

This noise... if YOU hear it... is it present all the time? Only when the engine's cold?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just had a rod bearing go out. It sounded a lot like a bad cct. But after some checking it turned out to be a bad bearing. If you have a bad bearing pull the motor before its too late. Its way better to rebuild a motor thats not locked up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just had a rod bearing go out. It sounded a lot like a bad cct. But after some checking it turned out to be a bad bearing. If you have a bad bearing pull the motor before its too late. Its way better to rebuild a motor thats not locked up.
how much did that rebuild run you?? if you don't mind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts