Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 srad 750
came to california from florida with it runs very strong do i need any kind of 20 000 tune up
i have a stage 3 jet kit and a full hindle supersport exhaust barnett clucht.
thanks for the input.
just had a motul oil change.
any parts that might need to be replaced at this mileage??

[ 01-08-2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Eternal750 ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Did you have the 15K miles tune up done? If not you should check the valve clearance.

John

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
i'd check/lube all the joints (kickstand, levers, etc) & cables (clutch, choke, throttle)

other than that just maybe tighten up the chassis bolts

·
Registered
645 Posts
not unless the obvious things are showing such as chain wearing out or sprockets too for that matter. Then there are other things to consider.. like maybe go ahead and flush out other fluids like the coolant. Which is the only other fluid anyhow... and then maybe check out the spark plugs. Keeping things in adjustment per your manuals recommendations. My recommendation would be to get a manual and read something out of it all the time. You'll get to know enough about that bike to do anything with it. Plus what John said.. and the others before me! hehe

[ 01-08-2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: 96Gixx7Fitty ]

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
if the bike hasnt had a major tune at the 16k mile tune up, and your in So. Calif, look up vance&hines in whittier...they did mine and i was very happy..dont use a suzuki dealer...

·
Registered
153 Posts
my 97 750 has done 21k miles and all i have done is lubed all the cables and flushed out the system. Just keep servicing every 3/4k miles and look after it and all will be well for another 21k miles.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by 97sradpyscho:
my 97 750 has done 21k miles and all i have done is lubed all the cables and flushed out the system. Just keep servicing every 3/4k miles and look after it and all will be well for another 21k miles.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yea it will be ok after you need new cams cause the valve adjustment was off and it flattend out the cam lobes.. ANd the valve buckets need to be replaced cause they are fucked up...

It is worth getting the valves checked. There is a reason the book says to do them at about 15K miles.

John

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies
I will have the valves checked
better safe than sorry
specially when on a bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts