Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been using the bike as normal with no probems. then i stopped the bike was at home for couple hours. come back out and there was nothing on the key apart from the neutral light. figure it was corroded connections on left side. so cleaned them and it all works but now. but now im getting no spark.

ive checked the plugs, leads, wires from coil to ignitor (box under seat), the kill switch and most connectors on the way.

any ideas??

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Side stand switch?
How do you know/what have you done to detect there is NO spark?
Could be your cdi box but i'd look at the S.S.S. first!

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
You have a clutch and a side stand safety switch.
BOTH will interrupt the starting process.
Does the bike crank but not start or will it not crank either?
How do you know there is NO spark?
The terminology needs to be precise if were are going to diagnose you bike over the internet!

Dr. Sradiator will see you now...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the bike does turn over. i have got the tank and air box off and have got the plugs out checked with new plug and still nothing.

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Turn over "crank" and NO spark are two very different things.
Lets start again! Here is some terminology for you to evaluate.
1-Turn Over=CRANK
2-Start=Running Engine
3-Spark=Electrical current at the spark plug electrodes or wires
Where are you on these 3 things?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turn over (crank) yes it does
start (running engine) no
and with one plug out put back into its ht lead and the thread put against a good earth whilst (cranking) it doesnt spark

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Do you have any FI codes showing on the dash?
This just started out of the blue? That is very odd.
I would check the Cam Sensor (on top of the valve cover) to make sure it is connected, as well as the Crank Sensor (Lower front right side). Make sure they are both working correct (the service manual will tell you how to test them). If they are not working, the ECU will not even try to send spark.

I doubt that the Side Stand would be the case, cause if your neutral light is on, the side stand is out of the loop. If it was the clutch sensor, it would not crank.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i checked the signal generator the bit on the right hand side under cover and where started motor is. cleaned some connectors down there and a couple of other ones whilst the tank and airbox was off and it did the trick. ive just come back from a ride now. cheers everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts