Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my "new to me a year ago" GSXR1100W fully serviced about 800 miles ago by a local mechanic, who has been working on my other bikes now for years, so I trust him when he tells me something.

My bike runs great, but he told me that some of my spark plug wires were pretty loose on the cap, and that it was a good idea to change both coils out, before the bike would keep me stranded one day. The spark plug caps apparently will not tighten around the cable anymore, so it is either that the ends of the cable or the caps electrode are worn out. My money is on the cables...

I found some coils for sale on eBay, which has the caps already attached. Those coils are $90.00 for the set.

Here are my questions:

Are the coils in the picture OK to use, or has anybody used and had problems with them? I know that I could also spend $200.00 on a individual / $400.00 for a set of coils, but would that buy me anything?

Thanks for any replies,

Andy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Swap them out for the coil on plug type. More space, better spark, less parts, not hard to do. Most ford coils will work, I have 08 'busa sticks in mine.
Denso 129700-4420

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts