Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this 1996 GSXR 750 shown in the first picture below. My plan is to clean up the bike and apply for collector status here in British Columbia, Canada. Bikes that qualify as collector bikes have a special licence plate and much cheaper insurance. Anyhow, for the bike to qualify, it needs to have all of the original decals and badging. The bike I've purchased is missing the "GSXR" decal and "SRAD" decals. I've attached a second picture below that shows a similar bike that has these decals (circled in red and blue). I've sourced these decals in several online stores but they are all different dimensions. I am trying to find out what dimensions the OEM decals are. I was wondering if someone who owns a 96 or 97 GSXR 750 would be kind enough to measure them and let me know the width and height of these two decals?

Please and thank you.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
8,256 Posts
scrounge around on ebay, for the warning labels OR, make them or consign someone to make them for you?

go to the suzy dealership and snap pics of all the warning labels, have office depot make you some stickers, or get someo decal ink and sticky back paper make em yourself on a printer?

· Premium Member
552 Posts
the GSXR is 8 inches wide. Just measured it. I have a 99, sorry can’t help with the “SRAD” decal as mine comes with a “750” decal.

Im curious on that one too. I want to add the “SRAD” to my race tail.

· Premium Member
552 Posts
My “750” decal is 7.5” wide. It’s fair to assume the SRAD is about the same size if not 1” wider at most. I’m also basing it off the pic you posted as reference.

I’m with you though, you have to get the size correct or it will always look odd.

Also, of equal importance is to get the colors and fonts correct.

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My “750” decal is 7.5” wide. It’s fair to assume the SRAD is about the same size if not 1” wider at most. I’m also basing it off the pic you posted as reference.

I’m with you though, you have to get the size correct or it will always look odd.

Also, of equal importance is to get the colors and fonts correct.
Perfect. That really helps. Thanks

· Registered
1996 GSXR 750
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I managed to find the Suzuki OEM decals online, but they are very expensive with shipping to Canada. I also found a complete decal set from moto-sticker.com Suzuki GSXR 750 srad 1997 decals set red/black/silver version - Moto-Sticker.com for about the same price as the two decals I am looking for. Having a complete set would also allow me to replace one of the side fairing decals that is badly scuffed. Has anyone dealt with moto-sticker.com ? If so, can you comment on the quality and service ?

· Premium Member
552 Posts
The problem with them is they will send you multicolor decals with each color stacked on top of each other instead of a single layer, multi-colored decal like OEM. Vinyl was thin also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.