Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked this bike up a gew years ago for a song. Long story short it had a coolant leak and instead of repairing it the owner was dumping water into it. Well it gets pretty cold here in NY and the soft plug pushed out and threw it out of time which destroyed all 8 valve buckets on the intake side. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures from back then. This was in 2013 when I got it but life got in the way shortly after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Interesting colors, haven't seen that combo before.
What have you decided to do about the head?
What's the plan for this one?
For next time, I came across a product a few years ago that works fantastic at stripping paint off almost anything. It's called "Vandalism Mark Remover" by Dustbane. You can get it at Grainger or any industrial supply place. Spray it on and within seconds the paint was bubbling and lifting with no smell or mess. A rag wiped the old paint off with none of the mess the usual paint strippers create. Used it yesterday to clean up a botched attempt at painting my frame, sanded for a day and a half then remembered it was in the cabinet.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plan is to honestly just ride it. I bought a complete head for it and put it all back together. Normally I would be one to keep something original but all the plastics and decals were in rough shape and I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind on money to purchase mint plastics. So I decided on a respray. I'll be posting more progress pics today

1 - 12 of 12 Posts