Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 94 gsxr 750. The bike was non-running and had sat for probably 4 years but could turn over fine with a new battery and didn't sound bad (for 500 bucks I couldn't resist). I haven't ever worked on a bigger bike like this only simple stuff on small dirt bikes and such so I'm looking for some advice.

Question 1:
The T connector between carb 3 and 4 for the air vent tube is broken so I'm wondering where I could find a replacement or if I even need to

Question 2:
After that T connector on the carbs the air vent tubes don't seem to go anywhere, is that how it works or are they supposed to go to the airbox or something?

Question 3:
This question is hard but is there anywhere I can find a general guideline for people who have re jetted their carbs? It looks like the previous owner put a yoshi exhaust and a k&n air filter on the bike so as I rebuild this carb I want to put the proper jets and stuff in so its not super lean (doesn't have to be exact I was just hoping someone out there had some basic info)

Question 4:
I'm thinking this rebuild kit should work for the gaskets and seals then I'll figure out the jets and needles https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-Carburetor-Rebuild-Kit-Suzuki-GSXR750-1993-1995/324055691614?. Anything wrong with this kit?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1985 GSXR 750, 1989 GSXR 750, 1991 GSXR 750, 1993 GSXR 750
40 Posts
Download the manual for your bike and sift through it - it will have pictures to address tube routing. Parts are available from Suzuki still - or a wrecker as the W series are not super popular anymore.

Manual has base level jet sizes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Spooklorky I'm sorry to say this, but find a place to send the carbs to and let them rebuild it. I rebuilt and jetted tons of dirt bike carbs. When a friend picked up an older yamaha 600, we spent days trying to get it to run, to no avail. Cleaned, rebuilt, stated with the stock sized jets - nothing worked. Forgot where we sent them, but mailed them out, paid about $100-$200, installed and the bike fired right up. Getting quad carbs synched and running right is a lost art these days.

Of just pick up. '98 that's fuel injected and so much better of a bike. That 750w weighs more than a Hayabusa. I had one. Upgraded to a 2000 r1 (which was also carbureted) and it was such a difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This isn’t necessarily my ideal bike so I’m not opposed to the idea of reselling it once I get it running at least if I don’t like the feel of this bike. I bought a kit to rebuild it and got similar jets to what the last guy used so I’ll try to see if I can get that to work. I really like working on stuff though, I’d say it’s just as fun to me to finally get something super frustrating done as a track day. If that fails I might put mikuni flatslide carbs on it as my friend at work has like 6 old gixxers and he swapped 2 of them over with excellent results.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Question 2:
After that T connector on the carbs the air vent tubes don't seem to go anywhere, is that how it works or are they supposed to go to the airbox or something?
Yes, the tubes are supposed to route into the top of the airbox. Note the two little holes at the top:

The tubes literally just poke into those holes - nothing more elaborate than that. I guess the idea is to minimize the chances of any crud getting into them.
Jock

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, the tubes are supposed to route into the top of the airbox. Note the two little holes at the top:
View attachment 576812

The tubes literally just poke into those holes - nothing more elaborate than that. I guess the idea is to minimize the chances of any crud getting into them.
Jock
This isn’t necessarily my ideal bike so I’m not opposed to the idea of reselling it once I get it running at least if I don’t like the feel of this bike. I bought a kit to rebuild it and got similar jets to what the last guy used so I’ll try to see if I can get that to work. I really like working on stuff though, I’d say it’s just as fun to me to finally get something super frustrating done as a track day. If that fails I might put mikuni flatslide carbs on it as my friend at work has like 6 old gixxers and he swapped 2 of them over with excellent results.
I will look to see if I have any old dyno sheets from those days. My setups will be close to sea level and high humidity, I was in Texas back then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently picked up a 94 gsxr 750. The bike was non-running and had sat for probably 4 years but could turn over fine with a new battery and didn't sound bad (for 500 bucks I couldn't resist). I haven't ever worked on a bigger bike like this only simple stuff on small dirt bikes and such so I'm looking for some advice.

Question 1:
The T connector between carb 3 and 4 for the air vent tube is broken so I'm wondering where I could find a replacement or if I even need to

Question 2:

Question 3:
This question is hard but is there anywhere I can find a general guideline for people who have re jetted their carbs? It looks like the previous owner put a yoshi exhaust and a k&n air filter on the bike so as I rebuild this carb I want to put the proper jets and stuff in so its not super lean (doesn't have to be exact I was just hoping someone out there had some basic info)

Question 4:
I'm thinking this rebuild kit should work for the gaskets and seals then I'll figure out the jets and needles https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-Carburetor-Rebuild-Kit-Suzuki-GSXR750-1993-1995/324055691614?. Anything wrong with this kit?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess now 6 months after your post you probably got everything sorted, but as I run a 73WP I'll tell you what I know in response to your question no. 2
Those air vent hoses as you're probably aware vent the float chambers, I'm not able to run mine to the air box because I don't have one as there's no room for it in my hand built hardtail chop frame, I use cheap Chinese individual cone filters which work fine, and the vent hoses I've installed are 200mm long and run up open ended toward the underside of the seat. I read somewhere, I believe it was the Factory manual that they should be minimum 200mm length and facing rear as they do so's in the event of the bike hitting the deck fuel is going to escape from them so that way it will be directed away from the hot motor and reduce the risk of fire. Makes sense don'tcha think?
Hope you got it running and have some fun with it - Good luck 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts