Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

guys i have been riding a 100cc dirt bike for a while.

found a great deal that i cant pass. 93 Suzuki street fighter with 28 000 kms.

1100cc....

for 1700$.

if i cant handle the power, i can store it..

let me know what you guys think

thanks

image.jpg

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
hi,

guys i have been riding a 100cc dirt bike for a while.

found a great deal that i cant pass. 93 Suzuki street fighter with 28 000 kms.

1100cc....

for 1700$.

if i cant handle the power, i can store it..

let me know what you guys think

thanks

View attachment 265962
Let me start off by saying I love the water cooled bikes a lot. I have a few myself. They are amazing machines if the maintenance is kept up.

However I do feel you over paid for it. It was most likely crashed and turned into a street fighter for a cheap resolution to get it streetable again. It doesn't look bad but they look 100 times better with all the fairings IMHO. The fairings for these bikes are starting to get pricy. I would have offered 7-8 hundred at max for how it sits.

Really not trying to be a dick but the dirt bike gives you little insight on riding an SS bike. Even though it's older the bike still puts down a good amount of power. Take some riding classes to keep yourself safe. Don't underestimate the bike. One wrong input can cause a crash. Normally tell new riders they should start on a smaller cc street bike. Learn how to ride and not survive as many do that start on bigger bikes. Learn the right techniques and get them to be muscle memory or reflex like. It can very well save you from a crash or worse. However you didn't help your learning curve by buying a big bike. Be careful while riding:cheers. Don't get over confident either. Ride by yourself for a while as riding with others tend to make new riders push their limits. If you can I'd suggest to park the bike and get some seat time on a smaller bike and work up to the 1100.

I wish you the best of luck. Be safe and keep the rubber side down. Get full gear ..... Good helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, and pants. It will save you one day. :cheers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey cock gobbler, thanks for the advice. But i have not bought the bike. My final offer was 1500. I dont think it was a accidental bike, because he said the other owner still has the fairings. also he said the cluster was changed because the fairings were changed. makes me a little worried about the kms on the bike. also he was a mature 40 yr old man. Stating that he had spent allot on the bike. also i do reliaze 1100cc is huge bike. I was drawn by the price and the look. I really dont have the budget of swithing to smaller bikes then to bigger. do you think i should wait until maybe i find a cheaper 600cc instead and taking a course. also the seller wasnt fully comfortable of selling the bike to me. Seemed like a nice guy.

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
Hey cock gobbler, thanks for the advice. But i have not bought the bike. My final offer was 1500. I dont think it was a accidental bike, because he said the other owner still has the fairings. also he said the cluster was changed because the fairings were changed. makes me a little worried about the kms on the bike. also he was a mature 40 yr old man. Stating that he had spent allot on the bike. also i do reliaze 1100cc is huge bike. I was drawn by the price and the look. I really dont have the budget of swithing to smaller bikes then to bigger. do you think i should wait until maybe i find a cheaper 600cc instead and taking a course. also the seller wasnt fully comfortable of selling the bike to me. Seemed like a nice guy.
Honestly with a budget of 1500 there are a lot of choices out there. You have to be willing to drive a few hours though. The best bikes to start on are ninja/CBR 250 or 300s or the SV650. Don't rush yourself into a bigger bike than needed. The nice thing about smaller bikes is they hold their resale value well. Should be able to get the same out of it as you put in.

Never trust a sellers word on anything! The guy that is selling the bike that means he doesn't have the fairings. Which means you will never see them. If the cluster has been changed that's something to be concerned about as well. Some will get close miles to the original some will get a crazy low cluster to up the sale price on the bike. When looking at a bike take tools ask to dig into the bike a little bit. Bring a friend to look over the bike. Since they aren't buying the bike they will keep a level head and help you find things you wouldn't see. Glad he was nervous about selling that bike to a new rider. Still wouldn't trust what he's told you.

From what I see there isn't a lot of money put into that bike. I'm not sure what exhaust is on there but the rest is pretty cheap stuff to make a street fighter.

IMHO stay far away from that bike. Find something smaller and newer in your price range. There are newer bikes to be bought around 1500.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Very,very few people strip down a perfectly good bike in order to make a street fighter. Being that the bike is 20yrs old I can almost *guarantee* its been crashed at least once,hence turning it into a fighter. Walk away....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
oldgixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing