Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m new to the bike world and getting a late start but i am picking up a 93 750 this Saturday. It has a “gas leak” from somewhere and currently doesn’t run due to a “carb problem”. The milage is 25,300 and the price is $800. My questions are, is $800 a good deal? is a gas leak common and if so what’s usually the problem? I’m a carpenter by trade but definitely want to do the work myself. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m new to the bike world and getting a late start but i am picking up a 93 750 this Saturday. It has a “gas leak” from somewhere and currently doesn’t run due to a “carb problem”. The milage is 25,300 and the price is $800. My questions are, is $800 a good deal? is a gas leak common and if so what’s usually the problem? I’m a carpenter by trade but definitely want to do the work myself. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated
"Carb problem" could leak gas or a multitude of things could be wrong. Idk if that is a good deal with it not running because ANYTHING could be wrong with it. If it was running badly I might be able to say it "could" be a good deal but its really hard to say without the bike in front of you. On your way to pick the bike up pick up a service manual, carb cleaner, a Multimeter and a six pack and start checking shit out. DO NOT BUY PARTS until you know the issues haha otherwise what may have been a GREAT deal will turn into a $5000 POS.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Please read forum descriptions carefully so you post in the appropriate forum and get the appropriate answer for you year/model bike. I moved this to the right place.

That being said,parts are difficult to find for the WC 600/750/1100's and becoming more difficult each day. Many parts are simply no longer available anywhere and you have to scour eBay etc for weeks/months til they pop up.
I suggest you purchase a Suzuki FSM from a dealership because you're gonna need it if you buy this bike.....
Hardly any shops work on the older GSXR's and most of those have no clue how to jet/rebuild carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please read forum descriptions carefully so you post in the appropriate forum and get the appropriate answer for you year/model bike. I moved this to the right place.

That being said,parts are difficult to find for the WC 600/750/1100's and becoming more difficult each day. Many parts are simply no longer available anywhere and you have to scour eBay etc for weeks/months til they pop up.
I suggest you purchase a Suzuki FSM from a dealership because you're gonna need it if you buy this bike.....
Hardly any shops work on the older GSXR's and most of those have no clue how to jet/rebuild carbs.
Sorry. Didn’t even know the category the bike should’ve been in. Complete novice. Thanks for the move. I found a site that parts are readily available for it, not cheap though. To be honest i only have about $1200 for it and not much in my area in that price range

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Carb problem" could leak gas or a multitude of things could be wrong. Idk if that is a good deal with it not running because ANYTHING could be wrong with it. If it was running badly I might be able to say it "could" be a good deal but its really hard to say without the bike in front of you. On your way to pick the bike up pick up a service manual, carb cleaner, a Multimeter and a six pack and start checking shit out. DO NOT BUY PARTS until you know the issues haha otherwise what may have been a GREAT deal will turn into a $5000 POS.
I spoke with him and he says the bike would putt at high speeds. He left it in the garage for 2 weeks went to start it but would only crank and not turn over. Not sure of the time frame but sometime after that his mother went in the garage and noticed a “small” gas leak so she syphones the gas from it and been sitting ever since

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Scratch that. Looked through the website and nearly every part says not available.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Scratch that. Looked through the website and nearly every part says not available.
Yes,that is why I did not reply when you said "I found a site that parts are readily available for it, not cheap though." because I've been around these bikes since my 1st GSXR in 1987 and the parts are few and far between,unless you befriend a parts-hoarder and are prepared to shell out lots and lots of cash that you will not get back if you sell the bike down the road ;)

Pass on that purchase,or become a supporting member and access the water-cooled classifieds on this forum where you can make want-to-buy thread's or see what other WC members have for sale.

Regardless of what you decide,there is a wealth of WC knowledge in this section

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
I would honestly pass brother save up a little more buy a different bike. I't doesn't sound like your going to have the funds to dump into this girl. Also siphoning the gas DOES not protect the fuel system when it sits so your surely going to have to rebuild that. The pump alone could cost over $300 putting you at your max budget. There is nothing wrong with jumping all over an early 2000's 300 for that price man. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I would honestly pass brother save up a little more buy a different bike. I't doesn't sound like your going to have the funds to dump into this girl. Also siphoning the gas DOES not protect the fuel system when it sits so your surely going to have to rebuild that. The pump alone could cost over $300 putting you at your max budget. There is nothing wrong with jumping all over an early 2000's 300 for that price man. Just a thought.
There is no fuel pump ya jackass :lol

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
There are six holes in the kit tube and 8 on the stock. Not really sure if this is an improvement over stock or if it even matters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts