Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1993-95 gsxr 750 service manual

21K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  Bufftester 
#1 ·
I just bought a copy of the 93-95 service manual in PDF format, anyone need it?
I actually need my fuel petcock repaired...anyone in new jersey with experience in that?

#7 ·
I, being old school, prefer the PAPER version.
Though my eyesite us waning, i can still squint enough to make things out when the paper version is nearby the bike!
The garage is no place for the laptop and I find it easier to reference things with the pages being at my IMMEDIATE disposal.
"Let your fingers do the walking"
Yeah...Thats the ticket! I invented that saying...Yeaaaah!

#9 ·
Just print a few copies where you work..Cough Cough Cough

#16 · (Edited)
UTP....

Regarding the fuel petcock, I took your advise and steered away from the rebuid kit. Was a bit difficult finding one soon, cheap and close as I am on the Niagara Border. In Ontario, I was waiting 6-12 weeks and paying 189Cdn.

In the US, the best I could do was 147US and I get it in 4 days. The guy selling it to me stated that ordering had changed and it was now necessary to order 2 pieces. He stated it was the petcock assembly...and included everything for the install (gasket). I looked elsewhere and the petcock appeared to look different than the entire assembly...is it possible he ordered something different when I said i needed the entire fuel petcock replaced on the base of the tank???

And...since I got itfrom a Suzuki dealership, I am also going to assume its a Suzuki oem part which might account for the price diff... eheheh 30 bucks is 30 bucks...

#17 ·
UTP...Thanks again.

Picked up a new Petcock at a local dealer and just got it on... All of 10 minutes it took me. I am glad I did it this way as the labour alone would have been 75 buks to put this on.

Thanks again.

Only got one prob left and thats she still jumps up on the idle when its in neutral or the clutch is in every now and then. Ive ruled out the throttle linkage as it just does it when it pleases and even at a low idle it will start.

TI can lower it again by screwing the idle adjustment knob counterclockwise 3-4 turns until it comes down, and then I just unscrew it back to where it was.

So....my thoughts are that the problem lies within the carb to which maybe their are still some deposits.

Any thoughts???

#18 ·
You might have a slight air leak on one of the rubber intake boots. Do you have access to "Starting Fluid". It's really nasty stuff. But if you spray a little of it near the intake boots and the revs rise than you have a leak. Maybe it's not "Starting Fluid" that you are supposed to use for this test.

Someone chime in and correct me if i'm wrong..

#32 ·
You have to have pdf veiwer to open it so install acrobat reader.......its free

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.