Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. There are 3 nipples on the back of the petcock of my 1993 GSXR 750. The 2 larger are for the Fuel Lines, the smaller center nipple takes the smaller hose pictured I believe(Pictured, Correct me if I'm wrong please). My main question here is there is another nipple on the under on the right side towards the rear above the Airbox(Pictured). What connects to that?
side of the Tank

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,306 Posts
The nipple on the bottom of the tank is a drain for rain water etc around your fuel cap.

The small line off the petcock is a vacuum line.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The smaller central nipple is attached to a hose that comes off one of your carb inlet manifolds, and so supplies the vacuum which allows the fuel tap to flow fuel. It's hard to tell from that picture, but I think you might have the wrong hose there. It looks like it might be one of the carb breather pipes. Look at the four rubber manifolds between the front of the carbs and the engine. One of them will have a rubber hose coming out the top. That goes to the central nipple.

The nipple at the back right of the tank is for a drain hose. Look underneath the bike on the right hand side, below the foot peg or thereabouts. There is a little cluster of tubes. One of those is the bottom end of what you are looking for at the top. Give them a wiggle - gently, you don't want anything else coming adrift - and see if you can spot what moves up top. It comes out to the right of the airbox, usually sandwiched between that and the frame.

Jock

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The smaller central nipple is attached to a hose that comes off one of your carb inlet manifolds, and so supplies the vacuum which allows the fuel tap to flow fuel. It's hard to tell from that picture, but I think you might have the wrong hose there. It looks like it might be one of the carb breather pipes. Look at the four rubber manifolds between the front of the carbs and the engine. One of them will have a rubber hose coming out the top. That goes to the central nipple.

The nipple at the back right of the tank is for a drain hose. Look underneath the bike on the right hand side, below the foot peg or thereabouts. There is a little cluster of tubes. One of those is the bottom end of what you are looking for at the top. Give them a wiggle - gently, you don't want anything else coming adrift - and see if you can spot what moves up top. It comes out to the right of the airbox, usually sandwiched between that and the frame.

Jock

Jock
Thank You!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts