Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade from my katana and waswonderiing if a 95 gix 750 would be a good bike to start at the track on? I have never ridden on a track but would like to do a few weekends runs at some point. My budget is about $3500 so I am limited to what I can get. Would I be better off going with a 96-99 model? FI vs Carb?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
You'd be better suited with a 96-99. It's 44lbs lighter than the 92-95... Also, I'd say for track use a, 600 is plenty anyway. On many tracks you'd actually be at a disadvantage (unless you're pretty experienced at track riding) with the extra power of the 750. The '97-'00 600 is also another 11lbs lighter than the 750 - and it will be a world of difference from your Kat anyway

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for th reply, Its wouldnt solely be for tracking though, More like 95% street (comuting) and %5 track, if and when I get a chance. I have ridden a 2001 600 and want more lower end than what that has to offer, My ultimate goal would be that of a TLS, but funding is low right now. I really like riding the TLR but its out of my price range. Thats why I was thinking of a 94-95 gix750, If I can find a good deal on a 96 than I might jump on that.
Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, tell me if this assumption is correct....Lets say its the year 1995. Is the 1995 Gix750 the top bike for racing?

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
cory1848 said:
Ok, tell me if this assumption is correct....Lets say its the year 1995. Is the 1995 Gix750 the top bike for racing?
Depends on the type of racing...

Unfortunately 95 was not exactly the Pinnacle of that generation of Gixxer 750. By '95 the bike was getting a bit porky...
Was it a good bike? Yes, absolutely. Is it still a good bike? Sure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I know this is a squidish question, but since I havent been on a 95 gix750, I am curious to know what kind of low end torque it has. Will it do a roll on wheelie? Since they are heavier than the later models and most likely a weaker engine, does it have the balls to get the front up?

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
cory1848 said:
Ok I know this is a squidish question, but since I havent been on a 95 gix750, I am curious to know what kind of low end torque it has. Will it do a roll on wheelie? Since they are heavier than the later models and most likely a weaker engine, does it have the balls to get the front up?
It will do it... but it will not do it easily.

The difference is power/weight between a '95 Gixxer 750 and new Gixxer 750's is significant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Quig
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing