Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the swingarm from a 1992 1100 bolt right onto a 1988 1100? Do I need to swap anything out in order to make it work?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Mr. Gixxer,

Is there something wrong with your swingarm?

I have a few that are in good shape.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I was thinking of polishing it, but at closer inspection it has some very large gouges in it where the can mount bolt has collided with it.. Also I was offered a 92 arm that has been polished already. I know that the 92 shock has a clevis instead of an eye mount for the shock, but I can get a 92 shock also

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Now a 1992 swingarm WOULD be a good plan.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Mr Gixxer, I have the pivots and the axle and the suspension linkage which it would all come with the swinger.but the shock is garbage and it is pretending to be my rear suspension right now anyway

just to let you know, there was a rough scrape/ gouge on the arm but I polished it out( the bike had been dropped before I bought it)but the arm is arrow straight and shiny

Karl

·
Registered
434 Posts
if your arm has an L shape cross brace vs the 92 with the cast c section cross brace with a plate welded across the c section to box it in deffinately change it the bike will be a lot more stable. Also I believe the 88 shock is not rebuildable where as the 91-92 are I have one if you are interested it is a 40mm showa and it is a good shock and with a gold valve its as good as any of the better aftermaket shocks for a lot less money. The one I have has a fork mount for the bottom of the shock if yours has an eye mount for the bottom of the shock you will need the later style rocker linkage with the swingarm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have an 88 750 and mounted a93 swingarm on it ,,had to change the rear axle ,used the 93 but other than that everything mounted up .i usedthe 88 pivot bolt too ,,, my friend mounted a 94 braced on his 88 750 and had to use the sleeves inside the pivot bolt , heused his 88's ,slid them in the 94 and then slid it in the swingarm ,,, worked double sleeved at the end ..but it all worked

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What year swingarm could I put on an 86 750. I want to increase stability, prefferably a braced swingarm if possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts