Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the place I have been looking for !! the other site was nothing but newer GXR's.

I have 1 992 GSXR 750. Great condition. All I have to do was clean the carbonators and redo the gas tank (full of rust(
All the plastic has a custom paint job so this is not a restore. I am looking to get new wheels as the wheels currently on the bile have been painted (Metalic Graphite grey with clear coat) It would be silly to strip these so I am looking for a set of wheels that I can polish.

IT is VERY hard to find a set of 92 wheels. Most are white in great shape and expensive. As I have looked on this site it seems that other wheels will fit my bike
Any idea the best place to look to see what will fit?
Again the sole purpose for me is to get a good rim.. .don't care about the cosmetics.. .I will strip them, polish them and put new bearings in them.
Thanks for your help

Todd

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,622 Posts
This is the place I have been looking for !! the other site was nothing but newer GXR's.

I have 1 992 GSXR 750. Great condition. All I have to do was clean the carbonators and redo the gas tank (full of rust(
All the plastic has a custom paint job so this is not a restore. I am looking to get new wheels as the wheels currently on the bile have been painted (Metalic Graphite grey with clear coat) It would be silly to strip these so I am looking for a set of wheels that I can polish.

IT is VERY hard to find a set of 92 wheels. Most are white in great shape and expensive. As I have looked on this site it seems that other wheels will fit my bike
Again the sole purpose for me is to get a good rim.. .don't care about the cosmetics.. .I will strip them, polish them and put new bearings in them.
Thanks for your help

Todd

Welcome to the forum.
There's lots of info in this section...have a look through the "stickies", post a wanted ad in our oil cooled specific classified section, the search function will take you down rabbit holes for hours of entertainment, lots of history etc.

Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I am reading this right .. Per the parts exchange ...

94-95 750 and 94-98 1100 use the "straight" spoke wheels and these are lighter then the "twisted" spokes

a 93 - 95 set of rims from a GSXR 750 should fit my 92... These are 3.5/5.5 with a 5 bolt pattern so I won't be able to use my rotors but besides that I should be good ? .. and there lighter...
(found a set on Ebay)

Todd

·
Premium Member
659 Posts

Thanks for your help

To
Bandit 1200 are the same, ill get some pics in the am

1 - 10 of 10 Posts