Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I convert my hydraulic clutch to a cable type from a 92? I have complete setup for both clutches. Given the choice which one would you use?

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Dunno if this is what you are looking for, but...I just asked a guy about swapping transmissions from my 750 to my 1100 and he said that he had swapped out the clutch, clutch cover and cable to the 11. I wonder if that would work for you. Swap everything and it seems like it should work. Maybe someone else has had some experience with this before. Good luck. Troy341

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i like the cable type clutch better and if you look at the curent models and race bikes thats what they use

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
A matter of taste I'd say. I like the hydraulics on my bike. Was it fastcat who also liked the hyd? No regulation necessary.

Cable clutch is lighter, that's one reason for newer bikes to use it...

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Are you working on a 1100 or a 750? I think to convert a early 750 you could do it the same way we convert a 1100. You replace the sproket cover with one from a 600 Katana. The 600 Katana uses the same type of clutch set up (long rod from the LH side)to activate the clutch as the 1100 but uses a cable to work a cam to move the rod instead of a slave cyl. I have this set-up on my 88 7-11 and have been using it for more then 10 years. You may need to shorten the rod but thats about it. I have the one off of mine and a new cable if you want to give it a try. I have to switch back to HYD as the 88 needs a lock-up.
Bones

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Bones, you don't have to switch back to hyd. to have the lock-up.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I know, but its hard to overcome the pressure of the lock-up at high RPM with a cable but with Hyd all you do is squeeze.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a complete 92 750 setup so I am going that route. I don't know if I need to replace the basket or not. I kinda assume so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts