Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well not to leave the GSXR project in limbo, I did a little work. Test fitted the rad, but will need to fab up some spacers to get the fan to clear the exhaust. Also added fluid for my brakes and performed a preliminary bleed. Baby steps!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No new pics, but just wanted to report that I'm making some small progress on the 6/11. Got the harness reinstalled and started making all of the connections. So far, so good. Did a few other little things. Still waiting on the proper rod for my flatslides to get them spaced properly. Once I get that, I should be pretty close to firing it up to see what else it needs :)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok, I guess I've been sidetracked for about a year. It's not like I haven't been doing anything, it's just that I haven't been doing any thing on this. Well all of the other projects have reached some state of completion or at least a point where I can move on to the 6/11. Got it cranking, but need to find the spark, and of course fill fluids. Baby steps...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well after finally marrying the proper harness, switch, and ecu it lives. I still need to route the wiring properly and tidy everything up, but I think you'll see some more progress soon!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've been able to run the motor a few times now, and of course have had to troubleshoot a few things. Most notably are leaks in the coolant system. I had a split o-ring on one of the pipes that go into the cylinder. Got that replaced, and had to tighten up a few more things. Nothing horrible discovered though. (may have a small pinhole radiator leak) I've started on getting the wiring installed and routed properly and general cleanup/tidying.
I did pick up a decent V&H SS2R full system that is getting ceramic coated. Hopefully that is back soon. Next will be final routing of the wiring and starting to bolt the bodywork on.
I also need to reach out to sudco for some jetting advice to get me in the ballpark and throttle cable(s). Still baby steps, but it's progress. I'll start snapping some more pics once there is noticeable progress being made.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes, I want it to appear OE, but obviously it will have the 1100 lump in it. Between this and 14 other bikes, and a WWII halftrack I've put this on the backburner for a little bit. Wrapping up some loose ends and hope to have it back in the shop this winter.

Nice progress and waiting for some updates.

Is the goal to bring this back to OE?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts