Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, would appreciate some help if possible?

I'm re fitting the fuel tank on a UK Gsxr1100m I've just bought, there are two fuel lines which I'm ok with, theres the drain hose which I'm ok with.

What I cant work out is where the additional hose on the back of the petcock fits in, Im sure it's a vacuum hose and I think it's supposed to go to carb #3 which is capped off with a rubber cap, all 4 carbs have the rubber cap fitted.

The hose I'm talking about is quite short and has what looks like a metal nipple in one end.
What I have noticed is on carb #4 manifold intake boot there is a small hole that this hose and nipple would fit?

I've looked at manuals and hose routing guides and I cant find where the hose fits on the carbs?

Would really appreciate any help

Cheers
Liam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so after searching various posts in the forum I'm starting to think that the petcock vacuum hose does indeed fit into the hole on the ntake boot #4

Just hoping someone will confirm this?

Liam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info and diagram :)

Is it possible then that the hole I can see on the carb intake rubber boot on carb #4 does exactly the same job if I connect the vacuum hose there? Is it supposed to go there?

Looking at the diagram and other material the vacuum hose should connect on top of carb #3

I obviously want to get it right, may try and post some pictures of the hole on the intake boot.

Thanks guys, help is much appreciated.

Liam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts