Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a full system from a 1996 GSXR 750 fit a 1990? I have a 90 and picked up a nice set of Mikuni 38mm flat slides with foam filters. Now I need a full exhaust (or at least headers) and they're not too easy to find. There's a cool set I found from a 96 and I'm really hoping it will bolt up.

I went through the older 9 page parts interchangeability discussion and didn't see if the 96 SRAD 750 exhaust would fit on my 90.

I have a yosh slip, but need a full system (or headers only and I'll fab the rest)

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Something like this might work. 90 1100 Yosh Duplex. I need to do the Red R thing though first.
No expert, but W/cooled header spacing is narrower, than oil cooled.
Not sure if the exhaust header outlet on the 750 head will accommodate a 1100 header diameter. Sure the veterans on here would know.
20190301_162412 by Carter Turk, on Flickr

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,638 Posts
Yes, the cylinder spacing is different between the oiler and water cooled engines.
However, if you're patient and have a bit of mechanical aptitude, some folks have managed to heat up the header pipes enough, to finesse them into place.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
If'n I remember correctly....1100 pipes are longer to clear the larger oil pan, on a 750 it won't clear the bottom of the cowling and will decrease ground clearance, also, some 1100 pipes will have larger header, collector, or mid pipe diameters, reducing torque which 750s weren't known for having in the first place....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts