Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1990 1100 has developed the nasty habit of bucking ( for lack of a better term) when I get on the throttle real hard. My bike never did this before under similar conditions, and it doesn't seem to affect things under light/normal acceleration or on the downshift. Could this be a shifter dog or something? At first I thought it could be a fuel problem, be it never happens in any other gear. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
SKILO54

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
sounds like it's slipping in and out of 2nd gear, which is BAD.....$$$$ or at least long hours of labour.....remove engine, split cases, remove gears, undercut, replace everything...
Si.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I ain't scared! Gives me a chance to rebuild the engine, I'll end up doing the work with my mechanic friend who is a class 'A' mechanic and a motorcycle enthusiast. Get out the honing tool.

Thanks for the reply.
Skilo54

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi
I posted an alsmost identical query on my 1100n '92 GSXR. Dealer told me it was characteristic, after several 2nd gear drop outs including re engaging after dropping out and skying the revs (you can imagine re engaging 2nd without a clutch at 11000rpm).
I took her back under warranty expecting 2nd and 5th pair to need replacing, but the whole box was mashed - being repaired now. The only saving grace is you dont have to disturb the barrels/head.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Well I ain't scared! Gives me a chance to rebuild the engine, I'll end up doing the work with my mechanic friend who is a class 'A' mechanic and a motorcycle enthusiast. Get out the honing tool.

Thanks for the reply.
Skilo54
Yeah get your friend and go to work. Its time for second gear. BTW, there is a "standard" parts list so that you can order your parts before tearing down engine. [I dont have the fiche for your bike]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I guess the local dealer will be able to help me out, or should aftermarket parts be source out. I am not afraid to spend some money if need be.
Skilo54

1 - 6 of 6 Posts