Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for one of these for about 4 years now and come up with nothing! What's the deal? Have they all been crashed/polished/stretched or abducted by aliens? Anyone know what the production numbers were for these bikes?The bike I have been searching for needs to be stock with the exception of a pipe,jet kit etc.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I don't see many either.
It seems the Blue/White color scheme was more popular.
My Black/Grey `89 1100 ended up in the junkyard after an unfortunate high speed meeting with a 300z.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.I am willing to take a blue and white one also! Can you even get factory bodywork for these bikes anymore? I really want to find one of these badly so if anybody hears of one please let me know! Also if I never find one of these I would settle for an early model '92,'93 Kawi ZX7R,the true "R" model,aluminum tank,flatslides.....I know it's not a GSXR but these are the bikes from my early days and I guess I am going through an early mid-life crisis! Sad but True!

·
3,482 Posts
Haa....Maybe not such a midlife, but just that you can now afford them!! I would hold out for one with good plastic........I's easier to rebulid the entire bike mechanically than to score a set of OEM plastic in the correct color....cheaper too.

The upper alone would be over $500......if it's available?? Few years back I priced out a complete set of plastic for mine and it came out to like $3000!!!!!!

Had a pic of that Black and Grey '90 on my wall for years.........good luck!! Rag.

Close!! 1 year and 1 color off!! Maybe good for you?..............Listed yesterday......

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/8/0/75884380.htm

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
! Also if I never find one of these I would settle for an early model '92,'93 Kawi ZX7R,the true "R" model,aluminum tank,flatslides..... !
Beware of the fake "R"'s.
I've seen several stock 91-93 ZX7's with solo tails that people are trying to pass off as limited edition "R"'s.

I always liked the original ZX7's(89-90)

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
What's th real 'R' look like? What are the special parts? Who's got pics? There is a ZX-& for sale here in town. I could look for you. It seemed pretty steep on price, maybe there is a reason. Troy341

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The "real" 7R had an aluminum gas tank,flatslides,adjustable swingarm pivot....and a real solo tail which was one piece with a black number plate on it.My buddy had one and it was cool as hell but ran like $hit on the street due to flatslides and super tall first gear.He looped it at about 100 mph 2 years ago.A sad day for all involved! I think the majority of these bikes have met a similiar end...Sad1

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
AAron20; you are absolute correct about the 91-92 ZX7R's. i have a friend who had one about 5 years ago and it was not a good street bike. those flatside carbs were finicky to tune and the super tall first gear ratio just killed it on street take offs. the tank was also easily dentable and it was super stiff. anyhows, my friend had the bike impounded by the police after a high speed chase and he ended up leaving it at the impound yard near chico, CA. yeah, we still give him shit for abandoning the bike. it was a former track bike at sear's point, so it was not in the best of condition. sad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone seems so caught up in the latest and greatest sportbike craze,myself included.I wish I would have enjoyed my old Gixxer more when I had it.I have checked alot of the cycle trader sites does anyone know of a site that has motorcycle classifieds other than cycle trader?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aaron, Are you still looking for a 1990 1100 Black/Gray? I have one that I have owned since it was brand new in 1990! It has less than 8k original miles and has NEVER been crashed. Let me know if you are interested. Please e-mail me at [email protected] for further details.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i have 1100 black/gray tail fairings (i rate them a 7-8)

and mids (8-9)

for sale..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts