Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my F2 with an 89 750 soon, and vaguely remember hearing that you can replace the crank shaft(?) with that from a one of the GSX-R or Katana 1100s to get some more displacement, am I way off here, or am I fairly close?

If it is possible, anyone have some links where I can get some information? Like HP, more specific info on what crank to use, jetting etc?

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The cases on the 88-89 750 (and only the 88-89) will take a 1100 crank with just a little clearanceing if needed. But you have to switch to the 1100 cyl too. You would be better off finding a 1100 form a GSXR, Katana, or Bandit 1200 and dropping it in. The GSXR1100 and Katana are very close with the big difference being the cams. the Bandit 1200 has more torque and is great around town as well as on the road.
Bones

·
Registered
62 Posts
The GSX1100F "Katana" engine has more torque than the GSX-R and is just a little bit down on topend due to the standard 34mm carbs.
It's the most underestimated engine ever I think, being discovered just recently as GSX-R engines are becoming scarce and Bandit engines hard to get.
I just wouldn't say Bandits produce more torque, the smaller the carbs the more responsive the engine feels at low revs.

Fit a bigger engine... it's the only sensible option.

[ 08-13-2002, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Mr.7/11 ]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Unless you have a need to be the fastest 750 (most likely you will not be), then drop a 1100 motor in and be done. I have 7G's in my motor alone and yes it is stronger then most 1100's but buying the big motor and doing half the work would have produced bigger results.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I spent the winter doing a 907cc big bore on mine. Here's the cost analysis...

(Big bore parts + labor + my time) x aggrevation = not worth it...as the equation of...

Cost for B12 motor + labor + man hours = instant fun

B12 motor = Katuna 1100 = Gixxer 1100 ...and leaves lots of room for improvement if you desire with cams/carbs/exhaust system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts