Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
The Slingshot is back. The idiots ran out of fuel and left it in a street. Facebook alert was seen and a member of the public rang me and I met the police and recovered it back.
No damage.

The TY80 is still missing.

Now I am in the process of securing the location where it is kept.
Fantastic news !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That is great news! An easy way to secure your bike is to anchor a large eyelet into the ground and cable lock the bike to that.
these guys came with pick axes with the intent to remove such an anchor.
I am going to see a welder and have him dig a big hole to fill with concrete and then make me a 3/4 inch steel plate anchor. No more messing around.
added to that I will set up a 12V 3G alarm, and a very special surprise in the form of an alarm mine.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Not sure what an alarm mine is , but now it's premeditated . Anybody gets hurt by this device. You'll be locked up while they determine how much of your money the trespasser gets.
Different in your country?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Not sure what an alarm mine is , but now it's premeditated . Anybody gets hurt by this device. You'll be locked up while they determine how much of your money the trespasser gets.
Different in your country?
This device is legal in the UK so long as it is not used to cause harm to an individual.

What it does is use a trip wire to activate a spring mech that fire a 12 bore shotgun blank. Blank being the important thing. I was advised to mount it at knee level so as not to cause any harm.

The guys in the store said this device has been used very effectively and can even cause the thief to literally poop themseoves

41 - 44 of 44 Posts