Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Restoring a 1987 1100 H and after a bit of a steer on electrics.
The clutch and brake lines were stock and cracked so replaced with braided lines, now worried about spark plug cables, connectors and coils etc..

What should I replace and where can I get them?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Brakes and lines that have your safety factored in, I'm all a go if restoring to drive frequently.

But is the bike showing signs of misfire, dewy mornings rumbling, or after rain or bike wash stumbles? Is it a daily or sunny day warrior that is running well currently? Avatar looks completely stock down to exhaust, looking to keep it as close as possible, or restoring with mods?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No sign of misfire thus far not that I'm out in the rain often.
Not a daily ride, weekend and bike rally warrior, I have a 7 day rally coming up that will test this out I guess. Last year we had some rain, hail, and ice -11 deg c

Ill look at the dyna coils and find some new leads

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Pete,

Certainly am, going the long way round. Auckland, Wellington, Nelson, Fox Glacier, Invercargill, Brass Monkey, Cheviot, Wellington Auckland.
Cant wait

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome ride. 3700 kms

West coast had torrential rain and we had to exit the Fox Glacier stay plan as Haast closed. Over Lewis pass and down. Coldest day in Naseby at a mild -2 deg.
Snow through ride up east coast Methven etc..
Overall was a pretty mild Brass monkey not too cold at all.

Some photos follow

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have dyna mini coils on my slabby, I bolted them into the same location as the stockers. Test your coils first on the primary and secondary terminals, refer to your service manual for resistance specifications. the wires only need to be trimmed where the plug caps screw onto them, and where they connect to the coils

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Gixxerider86
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing