Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, gday from Western Oz!

I recently joined this place after a lovely 1987 1100 joined my workshop..

Decided to strip and overhaul the carbs as the balance port screws were seized solid. Looks all good inside the carbs really apart from some wear on the float valve and needles (One carb was weeping)

Am just asking any of the aussie owners on here what would be the best place to source them along with the o rings and float bowl seals?

Have looked at the carb sticky and read heaps of threads on the subject...Seems OEM is best option? I did get a quote from show and go for Sudco items but it was a bit up there...

I dont mind paying for OEM...just wondering if theres any other options here..

Its actually awesome actually having these options for parts..My Kawasaki H2 is a nightmare to find parts for...

Cheers people..!

·
Registered
22 Posts
For OEM try for example:

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en
https://www.partzilla.com/

and there is much more other sites.

If you dont want to pay for OEM, you can look aftermarket gasket kits from ebay, amazon, etc.

I have personally bought 3 different ebay gaskets kits and they have been working good for now. One problem is that those cheap gaskets will swell from gasoline. For example when you need to change jets. You take float bowl out and when you try to assemble them, you can see that float bowl gaskets are too big. To fix this problem you can leave those to dry overnight or heat them with heat gun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As always, try your local Suzuki dealer, you would be surprised to see just what Suzuki Oz have on the shelves here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, think I’ll go OEM for these. Have sent a list off to McCulloghs here in WA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
SquALeD
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing