Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fit a push-pull throttle to my 1986 GSXR1100 but the handlebar throttleswitchhas only single throttle cable. Will the 1994 handlebar switch (has push-pull) fit onto the 1986 handlebar?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Trying to fit a push-pull throttle to my 1986 GSXR1100 but the handlebar throttleswitchhas only single throttle cable. Will the 1994 handlebar switch (has push-pull) fit onto the 1986 handlebar?
yes, but the real question would be if the connectors for the kill switch and starter button is a plug-and-play and I doubt that

·
Registered
100 Posts
yes, but the real question would be if the connectors for the kill switch and starter button is a plug-and-play and I doubt that
I think you're right- the connectors are probably slightly different but if you can pull up the wiring schematic for each bike (from the 'net), bet you'll find the conversion is probably fairly straight forward. I recently did more or less the same when putting RS38s on my '86 and adapted a set of '99-'07 'busa controls. I had a bunch of electrical tools and pieces from previous projects and luckily was able to remove the connectors from the old '86 controls and graft them on to the 'busa controls . Also had to re-terminate the 'busa ends since they came with pins of the same "gender" of those on the '86 harness side. I did a few every night and ended up adding a couple extraneous connections for 'flash to pass' and the 4-ways but eventually got to the point where the 2 'busa controls plugged in to the '86 harness and worked as intended ( Except for the 4-ways, which kind of go wild but I think it needs a different flasher or maybe a diode) . The new controls are much cleaner looking than the '86 versions. The '86 throttle tube had provisions for dual cables so didn't have to change the grips. I had to shorten the '86 throttle cable slightly and was able to swap in a standard motion pro push cable that was labeled "Honda/Kaw" . I can't remember the number offhand but can look it up if you decide you want to go that route.

b

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Motion Pro push pull throttle kit 01-0316 and a run off start cluster from Honda fire blade. I will post a picture of my setup once I get to 10 posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
mate what about a switch block from an 85 750 ? they came out with flat slides and have the push pull set up . can't remember if the clippon bar size is the same as the 1100 .most likely plug straight in .

·
Registered
100 Posts
mate what about a switch block from an 85 750 ? they came out with flat slides and have the push pull set up . can't remember if the clippon bar size is the same as the 1100 .most likely plug straight in .
There's an idea. It's a common upgrade to flat slides. Wonder if someone might be able to make a few $$$ if they offered a simple kit that included commonly available cables, some nice controls from a 'busa, GSF, or push/pull GSXR wired to plug in to the harness or with short pigtail adapters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can't post pictures till you reach 10 posts. Must be a new rule because I used to be able to put pictures up. Ask around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Shera pop
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing