Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Looking for some direction on my GSXR 750 running WAY rich on idle... Black smoke everywhere....

Compression is 140 equal across each cylinder,

Check value clearances adjust all good

Checked cam timing ... it is correct.

The bike has a set of California carbs on it. (The pilot air mixture screw is plugged with a brass insert) I removed the inserts

The carbs have a plastic insert for the emulsion tube / Slide Guide, I have removed and replaced the two o-rings on the plastic tube.

The carbs are mint clean, slides, needles, jets all clean. but the bike is still running rich?

Question, I have worked on California Suzuki GS 1100/1000 in the past and the pilot jet passage is always plugged with a black rubber plug.

My carbs do NOT have a set of plugs in the pilot jet... are the plugs missing? Will this solve my rich running issue?

Thanks Nick

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Is it only rich on idle ? And was it running good before ? Did you just install these carbs? Might need a bit of tweeking. If its only rich on idle try screwing in the fuel mix screws 1 turn and recheck

·
Registered
78 Posts
Which position is the "C" clip in on the Jet Needle?

Too low and it will be rich via the idle circuit, they should all be the same. Putting the clip higher on the needle with lean out the mixture at lower revs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts