Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
I can't help it if style is more important than speed to some. That is the only reason Suzuki made red one's. I like them both, but I prefer to go fast. I guess the ltds get the best of both worlds, and the Tornados are speed restricted by color choice.
hmmmm ... I'm speachless now, het guys I need help, where are you all ?

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I guess if all we have to argue about is the colour then we're going to get along great for many years.
During the 80's I lived in 2 different countries, New Zealand seemed to get allot of Blue and White ones white Australia had allot of red and black. Both colours were available in both countries but more of one colour were bought in.
Both colours look awesome in my view and though I have never owned a Blue and White one, I plan to.
The important thing is that we are all here for the same purpose and the legend of the original and great Hyper Sports are kept alive.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hehe Its a start. Only 15 more therapy sessions and we'll have you saying that Red and Black ones rock.
heh!.. i KNEW it! :biggrin

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
I knew it.... A red & Black one. Probably too fast for ya and scared you away from the color scheme :lol

All kidding aside, I thought the Blue/White ones were the more stylish ones... They were the first ones I saw at the bike show back in 85 and I just fell in love with the scheme. I'll get one someday. My wife says she prefers the red & black ones.

The wierd thing is, the blue ones were never raced around here as as far as I recall so I just assumed they had a governor on them or something that made them slower :scratch

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
see # 108 - this pic of F1 bike is what the x-tra parts were painted for ... might make a new attempt to repruduce bike ... managed to buy magnesium Campagnolo 5-spoke rear wheel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
The only significant difference I have seen is the gray/red paint scheme used on Japanese market bikes. They may have also used the gauge cluster common to other Japanese GSX-R's, I don't know.

The US bikes didn't have flush mounted turn signals, they had the regular ones. CV carbs were used, too. I haven't seen a stock limited with flatslides...

JR
Niiiiiiccccceeee also check out :

http://www.berberber.com/moto/viewtopic.php?t=1501&start=0

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
see # 108 - this pic of F1 bike is what the x-tra parts were painted for ... might make a new attempt to repruduce bike ... managed to buy magnesium Campagnolo 5-spoke rear wheel
I thought that was what you were going for. It looks pretty close. With the 5 spoke rims and an 85 belly, I think you could do a very good replica.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good for you Hans, That was a good score! Hope you find the front! The Blue and White are Suzuki's factory racing colors (with the exception of a of the 86 Dayton bikes, and the Sazuka (SP?) bikes, and yes the Tornado's and Bonniville's and ........never mind).

I really like the Red and Black, it's a super sexy bike and looks good with black wheels, white wheels and aluminum PM wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
I thought that was what you were going for. It looks pretty close. With the 5 spoke rims and an 85 belly, I think you could do a very good replica.
Andrew, it will a lottery to make up the mind what replica's to build ( luxery position ) I like the ones attached very much and my #34 come very close already

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
and now attachments :hammer sorry does not work yet files still to large
will come back ...

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
Andrew, it will a lottery to make up the mind what replica's to build ( luxery position ) I like the ones attached very much and my #34 come very close already
It's very close... I thought it was one the first time I saw it :biggrin

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
I need the gastank ...

L) GSX-R750

R) GSX-R1100

url]http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/index.html#s3[/url]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
from my brochure: S GSX-R750 F1 - 1985 France

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be too late on this but, I have owned an RR for a long time and I have some extra OEM plates still in bag as do many of us. If I were to look into reproducing a set of internals, ie. both sets and a inner/ outer basket and can keep the whole thing under what the orig. price was, how many would be interested in parts or complete sets? I have not ridden mine in 2 years and don't like it. I did not like riding mine like a sore deek either. These LTD's were built to hammer and kick ars on any and all other 750's of there time and now all we can do is baby them around and have everyone envy us and our machine. Its a sick world out there, LOL.
Anyhow, I used to own a '78 Z1r 1000, someone stole it and now I have this beaut and would like to ride it hard. I have plates but my inner outer shell's have groves in them that won't allow the plates to move freely. My thought is to re-pop the basket afford ably and re-make the plates. Not 7 met. and 8 fric (or vise versa) but make 3 and 4, or 4 and 5, so that they are thicker, and fewer and won't tend to warp like the factory crappe. What do you guys think? Can I get a few yea, you go girl?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
You know I think Johnny was talking about reproducing clutch plates a while back... Or maybe it was Hans :scratch

Anyone remember?

We need a fresh source of plates though as both of my sets are used and I'll have to mix and match to get a decent set for mine this year.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts