Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like they say; better late than never.

i finally took out my 86 750 trackbike for some exercise on august 2nd. had lots of fun riding it, but it was taking it easy since i have not ridden at the road race track for some time.

the bike got lots of attention and performed well. seems like the carbs need to be serviced, and will need fresh tires for next season.

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this bike has a stock engine, with RS36mm flatslides and full yoshimura exahuast. the chassis is where the real and important modifications are needed: ohlins shock, 17 inch wheels, upside down front end, track tires. makes for a fun vintage track bike.

yeah, let's plan a first gen ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
this bike has a stock engine, with RS36mm flatslides and full yoshimura exahuast. the chassis is where the real and important modifications are needed: ohlins shock, 17 inch wheels, upside down front end, track tires. makes for a fun vintage track bike.

yeah, let's plan a first gen ride.
Cool, any onboard video? would be awesome to hear that beauty screaming on the track!
Pretty nice bike

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
good eye! the bike has been modified for approximately 50mm increased rear ride height, so i need extra chain slack. tighter chain can cause suspension binding, so it's better to have it a bit looser than tighter.
What did you do for the increased rear ride height? I've got the same mods on my 85; Ohlins rear, USD + 17" rims.

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did you do for the increased rear ride height? I've got the same mods on my 85; Ohlins rear, USD + 17" rims.
i used a modified first gen 1100 shock linkage. some linkage material must be removed from the 1100 linkage to make it work in the first gen 750 frames. i learned about this from other members here about 20 years ago who raced. definitely worth the effort, but it does make removing/installing the shock a difficult task. suspension sag and set up is crucial.

i will check for fotos in my files.

you have a good set up for the street, but the increased rear ride height makes for quicker and better turn-in, but still stable at high-speeds. a lot more stable compared to the original shock, forks, and vintage 18 inch tires.

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey gotgixers, good to see you here again. we are the veterans of this board.

yes, i want to have some onboard video on my first gens at the track, but i don't have cameras to use. i need to check around.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,978 Posts
It seems we are ... What ever happened to Long ??
Eric was knowledgeable and is still missed...his interests and priorities changed. He hasn't been on here, in over a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts