Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, I just got this old GSXR. It's pretty beat but it has new aftermarket bodywork. (spray painted flat black)
I just thought I'd post some pictures of it to see what ya'll think.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Its pretty stealthy lookin alright. But it needs some work.. I'm bidding on some new carbs for it off ebay. Does any one know where I can get some cheap pod air filters online? I dont want to mess with the air box when i put the new carbs back on.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
No, but don't forget your stage 3 jet kit to go with your pods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, I've already got one. And i found some pods. Thanks. Any Ideas on the paint? I've got a limited buget.. so Is there anyway to make it decent looking with spraypaint?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's up to you whether you want shine or not. I got tired of flat-black, and spent the weekend working on "candy paint." Anyway, nice bike--looks just like mine. By the way, that rear end is way up in the air. What kind of shock you got in there?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
that rear end is way up in the air.
I was thinking the same thing.

Kind of looks like a streetfighter.
Also noticed the extra large gas tank valve,definitely a California bike.

Look nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks good!, I kind of like the flat black look, better than my faded stock paint

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hey gixxer86er, how many miles are on that bitch?

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you have the time this winter, you could go back thru some old Motorcyclists and Cycle Worlds, and Cycle, magazines.
Get an idea of what paint looked like , then do something, keeping in the period of the bike.
Nothing looks more cheezee, than an old bike, trying to look too new.
Kinda like an outta shape 40 year old, trying to look cool.
Check out some of the racers and customs.
You can get pretty good results with rattle cans. Keep in mind that preperation and patience are you best allies.
It looks all there, Id love to find one in that good of shape.
Did you say it had an oversize petcock?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts