Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know it's a Kawasaki but I restored it myself and thought I'd share some pictures and hopefully bring back some memories. I got the bike from a friend who was the original owner. It was left in a shed for 20 years untouched. It was put away mint and came out a wreck. I have about 1500 hours into the restore and $4000.00. I know its not worth that much but this was my first time restoring an old bike which I will never do again. No screw was overlooked. My kid helped too. My wife did not help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope you enjoy my pictures. Yes it runs, I drove it one mile and everything worked great. I finished the project late this spring and just drained the gas out a couple weeks ago. I will not ride it anymore since I worked too hard on it to see it get dirty! Ill just look at it.

Attachments

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Good job. :cheers
It's nice to see so much TLC go to classic old bikes, even if they aren't RG500s and the likes. I disagree with your logic, however. Ride that bitch. Just keep it clean :lol

Your little helper makes me grin. I remember when mine was cute like that lol.

I hate to nitpick but the shaft drive shouldn't be polished :frantic

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shaft drive was painted black from the factory, I just polished it to make it better. This is not a for sale thread. Just something I hope people might enjoy looking at.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
That's an amazing transformation,and a bonus that your lil one helped out.
Excellent thread :thumbup

Andre...eh,never-mind :flipoff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts