Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Riding at my own pace
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,

I wanted to share with everyone some of my memories, first clutch bike I ever ridden and learned on was 1980 ds 80cc. It came in green and orange. I can't happend to find this bike in the US. Any one ever seen this bike or heard of it. I found this pic online when I was searching for one, I would love to buy one of those classics if any one has leads to where can I find or locate one if it made it to the US. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Riding at my own pace
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one cares to share their thoughts about it???

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
My first bike was a Honda 80. Got it when I was about 12. My grandpa used it to ride around the camp sites when they went camping.
Looked a lot like that one but red. Traded it for a 125 dirt bike a few years later.

It's a cool bike. ... But do you think your memories are clouding your judgement? How much money do you want to drop shipping and restoring a bike that is largely undesirable?

·
Riding at my own pace
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great point, but what I meant is to find one that's in mint condition and won't need restoration. My main question was if this bike was ever introduced to the US market because if it wasn't I won't waste my time looking for one because I also won't fork that much money to bring one from overseas.

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,618 Posts
Yes, DS 80's were imported into North America in 1980.
I've seen lots of orange ones but never the green version in your photo.

I'm always looking for a nice '78 Yamaha GT80, which was my first bike.

These little buggers were flogged hard, it will be tough to find one that wasn't trashed.

Keep checking ebay, Craigslist etc. The parts are out there...a decent example will eventually turn up...try posting a wanted ad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts