Excellent progress,can't wait to see the finished project :cheers
Don't feel bad. Thanks to ornery forum staff, I can't even keep track of my own screen name anymoreAndre ( I can't keep track of his screen names) put me in touch with his buddy.....
That's right. You heard me. :chucksExcellent progress,can't wait to see the finished project :cheers
Very nice fab work on rear tubes. Did you built a sleeve that inserts inside tube?I told myself that I wasn't going to get too carried away with the CBX, until I finished my turbo '86 GSXR 1100, which has been sitting on my lift for several years.
I was also fixing up a '69 Honda CM91 Super Cub to flip and I was doing a sympathetic restoration on a customer's '77 Yamaha XT500, so I definitely didn't need another bike spread across the garage floor...but that stupid wide front end on the CBX was bugging me. I decided to correct a few nagging issues. I've been recovering from some nerve damage in my right hand, it was good to be able to putter in the garage.
I was able to find the correct upper and lower tree's on eBay. Some parts are pretty reasonable, stuff like air boxes are ridiculous. I also found some cool cross-drilled rotors and the correct hardware. Early Interceptor calipers are supposed to be a good upgrade, so I'm on the hunt for those. The rims are surprisingly in really nice shape, so other than needing new rubber and bearings, I'm good there. I much prefer looking at it now with a proper front end.
I knew the back of the bike needed some attention, it appears that @14" was hacked off. It also became obvious that the rear shock mounts were poorly re-positioned, and I was a little sad to realize that a couple rear frame rails were heated, bent downwards and welded during the whole Bobber experiment. Again, nothing that can't be repaired. I've spent a lot of time looking at other CBX's and mine to figure out what's been changed.
The bike will get mocked up and then disassembled for powder coating.