Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 750 that was raced in the Suzuki Cup at Road Atlanta. It came with all the stock bodywork, gas tank, and stock wheels, but I plan to use it as dedicated track bike. The bike came shod with Dunlop 208GP's, but I plan to swap them for aset of Michelin Power Race tires. The Michelin site doesn't show at 190/60 (which are what the Dunlops the bike has on it now). I know original fitment was 180/55, but will the 180/55 Power races fit on the rims that have the 190/60 Dunlops or will I need to use the stock rims? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: 190/60 rims & tires

I would just try to find out how wide the rim is...if it's 5.5" then 180 is OK, if it's 6.0" then it's designed for a 190. This of course is a general rule but look at stock rims specs and all the ones I know of have 5.5" for 180's and 6.0" for 190's. I'm not sure how the sidewall plays into it being a 60 series for generally the taller the sidewall the more flexibility you have in rim width (i.e. a tall sidewall can stretch farther to accomodate rim width whereas a shorter sidewall can't).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It has 74 miles on it and I paid $10,500 in full race ready form, with every stock part included. The stock stuff has never seen the street. I figure I'll use it a track bike for the next several years, then convert it back to street and it'll be pristine.

·
Registered
545 Posts

I would just try to find out how wide the rim is...if it's 5.5" then 180 is OK, if it's 6.0" then it's designed for a 190. This of course is a general rule but look at stock rims specs and all the ones I know of have 5.5" for 180's and 6.0" for 190's. I'm not sure how the sidewall plays into it being a 60 series for generally the taller the sidewall the more flexibility you have in rim width (i.e. a tall sidewall can stretch farther to accomodate rim width whereas a shorter sidewall can't).
run the 208 gp-a 190/60 - you will luv it on the track.... thats the best tire setup I have found
for my bike.... I run-m on the track - willow and Pahrump ect... and they stick like velcro and no they dont flex... and yes' it's on the stock 5.5 rim... fucking luv these tire's....

btw what suspension did it come with...

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts

that bike is probably using the stock rims.. The 190/60 is perfectly fine for the 600's stock rims.. I know this becuase I ran that tire most of last year until switching to Dunlop's slicks which the rear is a size 195/70

1 - 7 of 7 Posts