Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
flash is the easiest and most cost effective.

plus it can smooth the throttle and fix some to the things that suzuki had to put in

i think both Translogic and IRC are quality set ups - if you are dead set about flashing

jason
Thank you Jason. The only reason i am averse to the idea of flashing a motorcycle is because of the lack of expertise where i am from.
Completely agree with you that a flash is the best thing i could do. Unfortunately if something does go wrong i won't have the necessary tech know how to come out of that situation.

Hence was looking for a easier solution to get a QS and Blipper.

Translogic only has the QS but the IRC unit does both. Will mostly sway towards the Italian on this one i guess.

Thanks a ton.
R

P.S - Did write to you through your website as well.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
The guys at GP bikes in Melbourne, Fla Fitted the fuel tech up/ down fuel tech sensors and reflashed the ecu last week. The sensors piggyback into the tip over sensor. The flash lowered the fan temps, derestricted the throttle and enabled the QS function. Bike picked up 17hp. The shifter works perfectly.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thank you Jason. The only reason i am averse to the idea of flashing a motorcycle is because of the lack of expertise where i am from.
Completely agree with you that a flash is the best thing i could do. Unfortunately if something does go wrong i won't have the necessary tech know how to come out of that situation.

Hence was looking for a easier solution to get a QS and Blipper.

Translogic only has the QS but the IRC unit does both. Will mostly sway towards the Italian on this one i guess.

Thanks a ton.
R

P.S - Did write to you through your website as well.
I have the translogic sensor that is a bi-directional sensor/ shift rod with ftecu harness and the qs/auto blip unlocked on my ecu via flash tune.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My brother keeps talking about how awesome quick shifters (QS) are and that I need to get one. I decided to go ahead and get one. This is all new to me so bare with me. I've been reading through this thread and browsing online. I think im going to go with Woolich. Do I just need these items get up and running with a QS with Autoblip? Do I need to buy anything else?

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/suzuki/gsx-r-1000/2017/709/2017-2018-suzuki-gsx-r-1000-usb-denso-v3-package.aspx

And

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/suzuki/gsx-r-1000/0/713/2017-2018-suzuki-gsx-r-1000-quickshifter-autoblipper.aspx#

I have the 2017 GSXR 1000 ABS model with a slip on Two Brothers SR1 exhaust. I still have the stock rearsets and im using the standard shift pattern.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My brother keeps talking about how awesome quick shifters (QS) are and that I need to get one. I decided to go ahead and get one. This is all new to me so bare with me. I've been reading through this thread and browsing online. I think im going to go with Woolich. Do I just need these items get up and running with a QS with Autoblip? Do I need to buy anything else?

2017-2018 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 - USB (Denso) v3 Package

And

2017-2018 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 Quickshifter / Autoblipper

I have the 2017 GSXR 1000 ABS model with a slip on Two Brothers SR1 exhaust. I still have the stock rearsets and im using the standard shift pattern.
This would be better option, so you could log engine&lambda data.
2017-2018 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 - Log Box (Denso) v3 + Zeitronix ZT-3 Wideband O2 Package

·
Registered
76 Posts

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/suzuki/gsx-r-1000/2017/709/2017-2018-suzuki-gsx-r-1000-usb-denso-v3-package.aspx

And

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/suzuki/gsx-r-1000/0/713/2017-2018-suzuki-gsx-r-1000-quickshifter-autoblipper.aspx#

I have this exact same set up on my 2017 GSX-R1000 non-ABS and love it. I installed it and flashed it in less than 2 hours. Pretty easy install if your have some experience around wrenching.

This was my first QS/AB as well and they are a great addition and fun.

As mentioned below your post, you could spend the extra money to get the log box that records data on an SD Card. Depends on how much you want to get into tuning later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have this exact same set up on my 2017 GSX-R1000 non-ABS and love it. I installed it and flashed it in less than 2 hours. Pretty easy install if your have some experience around wrenching.

This was my first QS/AB as well and they are a great addition and fun.

As mentioned below your post, you could spend the extra money to get the log box that records data on an SD Card. Depends on how much you want to get into tuning later.

Thanks for the replies. I've done some basic work on my current bike (installed fender eliminator, no cut sliders and slip on exhaust) and previous bike (installed same as above as well as a full exhaust) so I'm used to taking parts off and following directions. Is the log box just a way to automatically record engine data versus doing something manual (writing data down)? The price difference is a pretty big jump.

P.S Glad to hear its a pretty easy install

·
Registered
76 Posts
From the way I understand it, it will record all the engine data related to air/fuel MAPS while your riding on an SD Card and then you can use that data to adjust (play) with you map settings later to get more horsepower/performance. Its kinda like having some limited dyno information from riding.

I am by no means an advanced user/expert on this, as I have only played around with maps on my 01' GSX-R1000 and not the 17' yet. Someone with more knowledge might want to chime in. If you got the cash and plan on doing your own tuning later, this could help.

I plan on taking my to someone with a dyno to tune my bike ans learn from them first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@justcoolin05

Thanks for the follow up. I planned on taking mine to a shop to have it tuned as well. I can definitely see how the log box could be useful for self tuners. I'm just not sure how much I would be in the garage playing with the numbers once it is tuned by a shop. I'll give it some more thought and get my order placed.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
@justcoolin05

Thanks for the follow up. I planned on taking mine to a shop to have it tuned as well. I can definitely see how the log box could be useful for self tuners. I'm just not sure how much I would be in the garage playing with the numbers once it is tuned by a shop. I'll give it some more thought and get my order placed.
Its been a few months, got an update on what you ordered and the install process?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Nvm, saw the thread you started on the install. Would post it here for anyone that reads through this, but my post count is too low lol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
well here's an update. fired the bike up and moved it from my shop to my house and gas so did like 8miles of a test. seems to work great below 8krpms. up and down w a warm gearbox. haven't had a chance to give it a good hard wot 12k+rpm test yet. hopefully this coming week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the FTECU quickshifter/auto blipper and flashed my bike too. If anyone has questions, let me know. Pro tip... count the pin blockers in the ECU plug as you're taking them out. I was getting super frustrated why one pin wasn't going in and it's because I shoved the pin blocker in deeper and it was hard to get out even with a paperclip from the other side. I only tested it on the bike stands and it seemed to work great. It's raining today so I'll actually take it on the road tomorrow.

Time it took, probably like 7 hours to do both, but that's literally from putting the bike up on the stand and creating my map all the way to putting the bike back together. The stupid pin cost me an extra 45 minutes... no joke. It was easy, I was taking my time.

Also I got two check engine codes. One because I turned on the quickshifter on the dash before actually hooking it up so it threw a low voltage code for the quickshifter sensor. The other code came on when I was testing my bike on the stand, the front wheel speed sensor thinks it's not working now. Obviously these aren't real issues, how can I clear the codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the oem quickshifter/blipper for almost 8 months now on my non r model , fitted myself works faultless , and makes trackdays so much better. All good.
What process did you go through to install the oem shifter on non r version ?

101 - 114 of 114 Posts