Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you google the part number on the bottom right side of the instructions in the picture (99021-17K10) you can download the whole instruction booklet. It has part numbers listed at the top, but none of them worked in the OEM Suzuki parts search. The part numbers are for the whole QS/AB Kit. No part number listed for just the harness. That kit comes with QS/AB, Harness, ECU, 2nd Air Reed valves (no idea why). I imagine that is an expensive kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had the oem quickshifter/blipper for almost 8 months now on my non r model , fitted myself works faultless , and makes trackdays so much better. All good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you google the part number on the bottom right side of the instructions in the picture (99021-17K10) you can download the whole instruction booklet.
Son of a bitch. Good eye!

Anyone have the part number for the oem quick shifter kit?
From that manual, I think it's 25500-17860. Suzuki "spec" column is their country code. USA is E03 (California is E33). Canada is E28. Full list is here: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/suzuki-parts/suzuki-country-codes-identification

Hey this is roughly $550 shipped to the US, brand new. Is that the correct part number?
That one appears to be for Belgium, Australia, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen.

The other thing that would make me nervous is that the part number for the sensor ONLY is 25501-17810.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just installed he FTECU QS and Autoblip Retrofit Kit, with the bench ECU tuning kit.

Total came out to $600 something, but relatively affordable.

Love it! Install was dead easy. Measure bolt to bolt before you take out stock shift rod (8 and 3/4 inches for those who want to know), make sure that the new rod w/ sensor equals up to that same amount by adjusting the bolts and screws. Then connect the included wiring hardness to the tip sensor under the gas tank.

Flash the stock ECU with enable R Mode features. Reinstall ECU. Turn QS on in your bike’s setting. Done.

30 min job. Using the Suzuki programmed QS and Autoblipping, so it’s very smooth.

Question for everyone. Why are there multiple QS “modes”? Brock Performance says to set it to QS 2, but why?

·
Registered
43 Posts
For those who have had this work done by the factory, are we saying that your keys are recoded to an R ECU/ECM?
Surely this means that you should be able to enable some of the other modifications too, with the exception of anything that requires an additional sensor?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: 17 gsxr 1000 QS & BLIPPER OPTIONS

Went to Groombridges, all parts + VAT £489.00
I think it's about 2 hours labour to go when it arrives.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you can't. not unless you've stolen manufacturer software and harness kits to map your keys to a new ECU. At least that is the case in Europe.

I've now had the work down, and I have the manual for the OEM QS unit, I don't have a scanner sadly otherwise I'd post it up somewhere.

The process involves (in Europe) replacing the ECU because it is missing connection points on purpose to differentiate between a standard and RR model. This is so you can fit two additional sensors that are required. You then have to copy your mileage data over and sync the keys to the ignition through the Suzuki software.

It's 2hrs labour.
Suzuki have only just announced in the UK that the unit is now officially available through dealers. Up until now it's been on the quiet but possible to get hold of.

So far my experience is of great pleasure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The process involves (in Europe) replacing the ECU because it is missing connection points on purpose to differentiate between a standard and RR model. This is so you can fit two additional sensors that are required.
I don't know what you mean.

The existing ECU is software locked. It can be unlocked via a flash.

What extra "connection points" are you referring to exactly? The QS sensor uses existing inline wiring except for one dedicated wire which is populated on the original non-R ECU connector. There are no additional sensors included in the OEM QS kit that Suzuki sells for non-R models. What "two additional sensors"?

unless you've stolen manufacturer software and harness kits to map your keys to a new ECU
Manufacturer software; this is probably true (unless there is a third party option) because you need to flash the ECU. You can build your own wiring harness though. What "keys"?

·
Registered
51 Posts
In UK & EU the bikes have to have anti-theft ignitions by law the keys have special sensor builtin to the key & ignition just like most cars here in the US to disable them.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
you can't. not unless you've stolen manufacturer software and harness kits to map your keys to a new ECU. At least that is the case in Europe.

I've now had the work down, and I have the manual for the OEM QS unit, I don't have a scanner sadly otherwise I'd post it up somewhere.

The process involves (in Europe) replacing the ECU because it is missing connection points on purpose to differentiate between a standard and RR model. This is so you can fit two additional sensors that are required. You then have to copy your mileage data over and sync the keys to the ignition through the Suzuki software.

It's 2hrs labour.
Suzuki have only just announced in the UK that the unit is now officially available through dealers. Up until now it's been on the quiet but possible to get hold of.

So far my experience is of great pleasure.
Went to Dealers last weekend they told me kit is plug and play so I could do it myself. I wondered about mileage thought it was stored in front display unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am super confused. I have a L7 ABS non R bike. And want the QS and Blipper. As i understand, without flashing the ECU, the 2 options available are,

- IRC

- Translogic

Can someone help. I do not have any experience in electronics. Or have anyone to help.
Is one better than the other? Is a flash needed?

Help. Thanks in advance. R

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
flash is the easiest and most cost effective.

plus it can smooth the throttle and fix some to the things that suzuki had to put in

i think both Translogic and IRC are quality set ups - if you are dead set about flashing

jason

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,952 Posts
I just noticed this from back in June:

"I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram for the L7."

Have you found one? This?

81 - 100 of 114 Posts