Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
How much is this kit? What is the turnaround time? And where do I order from?
I ordered my kit from Woolich Racing's website directly. Its like $430 for the ECU cables/denso box, software, and bin file (which you need to enable the Stock QS/AB function in the ECU) and like $480 for the QS/AB (Sensor, cables, rod, and race tools bin file to enable in your ECU). It was $15 to ship priority mail, and I had it in 2 days. I took me 2 hours to install both the ECU cable and QS/AB, but its fairly easy to do. The quick guides and youtube videos help a lot, and I suggest reading through and watching the vids while your waiting for them to come. This makes the install go a little faster and easier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lohmann do a quick shift which plugs straight into the Kit harness. Superior to standard shifter which we had break when the thread broke on the upper section that goes into the body without a lock nut.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Lohmann do a quick shift which plugs straight into the Kit harness. Superior to standard shifter which we had break when the thread broke on the upper section that goes into the body without a lock nut.
Don't you have to use the OEM R quick shifter with the Yosh Kit Harness?

Also is there any more data accusation options with the Kit Harness and Kit ECU?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
No Lohmann quick shifter plugs straight into the kit loom. More robust than Suzuki shifter but not cheap.
I am having issues with my oem R shiftier and getting miss shifts. I am not ready to give up on it yet but when I do I am kinda leaning towards a complete stand alone IRC unit.

I was looking at the Lohmann and do look nice but I have not confirmed what all the OEM blipper logic can do. If I am going to spend the money on aftermarket shifter I want one that takes into account RPM, lean angle, speed etc...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am having issues with my oem R shiftier and getting miss shifts. I am not ready to give up on it yet but when I do I am kinda leaning towards a complete stand alone IRC unit.

I was looking at the Lohmann and do look nice but I have not confirmed what all the OEM blipper logic can do. If I am going to spend the money on aftermarket shifter I want one that takes into account RPM, lean angle, speed etc...
Does the IRC QS/AB take all that into account?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Does the IRC QS/AB take all that into account?

From what I read it does but I am looking for some first hand knowledge to make sure before I drop the cash on one. For all we know the OEM unit might do the same thing and just needs a little tweak through ECU flash to make it better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So if I want a quickshifter that utilizes the ECU's stock functionality, I have to spend $900 for the Woolich Racing solution? Im not interesting in dyno-ing or tuning my bike at all. Seems steep.

Isnt there a way where we buy just the QS kit and then send in our ECU? I know we need some sort of adapter to plug the QS in...

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
No Lohmann quick shifter plugs straight into the kit loom. More robust than Suzuki shifter but not cheap.
how much force dose a shifter have to take to brake the sensor?... what the heck were you doing to brake the sensor?

the stock sensor is pretty stout for a oem part... i dont think you are telling the whole story

jason

·
Registered
128 Posts
I see woolich is offering direct replacement sensors for gsxr 1000R models. Has anyone tried this to see if it improves the shifting? I think the oem zx10r shifter had problems with repeatability, I wonder if the Suzuki oem sensor is part of the issue.

·
Banned
45 Posts
With my 1000R 2018, we only had to do two things, rotate the arm 180 degrees, and then go into the software on the ECU and toggle to the GP shift pattern. Race shift pattern with flawless shifts all stock parts, done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've just booked the L7 stock in for the OEM unit to be fitted. It's certainly interesting that it is possible but they need to also 'replace' the ECU. I want to see if that is genuinely a physical swap, I don't think so. (in UK)

It's getting done 1st week of Sept, will report back on outcomes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: 17 gsxr 1000 QS & BLIPPER OPTIONS

I've just booked the L7 stock in for the OEM unit to be fitted. It's certainly interesting that it is possible but they need to also 'replace' the ECU. I want to see if that is genuinely a physical swap, I don't think so. (in UK)

It's getting done 1st week of Sept, will report back on outcomes.
How much is this running you, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, as I mentioned earlier, the non-R wiring harness does have the QS sensor wire populated on the ECU side. It seems there is an OEM QS kit for non-R models. Someone posted photos of the kit.

ok but wtf does it plug into? every plug on that side of the bike is spoken for, obviously nothing related to gear changing. so this would mean you have to splice a few wires and or run something straight out of the ecu?
It seems the missing piece is a short cable that pops inline with existing connections. I'm trying to find out a part number for it.

Kit:

Connection instructions:

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Woolich QS/AB kit has the same type of wiring harness that plugs from the QS Sensor into the Tip Over (TO) sensor and then back out into the main harness. Except the sensor is hard wired into the harness.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts