Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
So I ordered the FT ECU option here... 2017-18 Suzuki GSXR1000 QS / Auto Blipper Retrofit Kit by FTECU

more than a month ago never showed and talked to them and they said another month+ because they dont know what they are doing or how to manufacture stuff.
I had the "R" features enabled on the flash I did so do I have any other plug and play options?

Need it ASAP
yes you could use powercommander sensors or a cordora strain guage both will work with the flash - the dynojet ones will plug and play with the FT harness the strain guage will need hooked up to the wires(a bit more of a pain)

they are very behind with their new sensor.
jason

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
I guess both company uses the same input "ports" for the switch. Not too many open unused ports on the ECU where you can hook up the switch. The programming must be the same.
that is what they say... i have 2 customers that are using the FT software with a woolich shifter - both are using the R model flash

jason

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just bought a members "R" model qs/blipper for it since ftecu said 2mo+ for their shit. I do manufacturing I should just make them close their doors on it and be the new supplier. bought a gsxr to avoid all this BS. this better work out

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was curious about doing something similar. I'd like something as close to "stock" as possible. I read somewhere that Suzuki was considering releasing an official QS kit for non-R US models but it doesn't seem like that idea is going to materialize.

If possible, I'd like to flash my ECU either with the stock 1000R software or simply flip flags in the existing software to unlock the "R" software features. By the way, would that include the cornering ABS or does that also require additional sensors?

If i wanted a completely stock install, would it be correct to say that I only need these parts?:
25501-17810 - SENSOR & ROD SET
25525-17K10 - ROD, GEAR SHIFT LINK
09140-06020 - NUT (could get this anywhere)
...plus an ECU flash? I don't know that I want to pay $300 for that sensor but I'm comparing options. Part numbers were referenced from suzukipartshouse (I don't have permission to post links yet).

Does anyone know if it's possible to make your own USB cable? These flash kits look like the only thing they do is wire a USB straight to the service port under the rear seat. I don't understand why that costs ~$350.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I was curious about doing something similar. I'd like something as close to "stock" as possible. I read somewhere that Suzuki was considering releasing an official QS kit for non-R US models but it doesn't seem like that idea is going to materialize.

If possible, I'd like to flash my ECU either with the stock 1000R software or simply flip flags in the existing software to unlock the "R" software features. By the way, would that include the cornering ABS or does that also require additional sensors?

If i wanted a completely stock install, would it be correct to say that I only need these parts?:
25501-17810 - SENSOR & ROD SET
25525-17K10 - ROD, GEAR SHIFT LINK
09140-06020 - NUT (could get this anywhere)
...plus an ECU flash? I don't know that I want to pay $300 for that sensor but I'm comparing options. Part numbers were referenced from suzukipartshouse (I don't have permission to post links yet).

Does anyone know if it's possible to make your own USB cable? These flash kits look like the only thing they do is wire a USB straight to the service port under the rear seat. I don't understand why that costs ~$350.
they do not go to the service port they connect to the ecu directly or you can bench flash the ecu. - there is alot of interaction with either flashing software with the ecu either the data cable or the flash interface. a usb cable is not the expesive part.
i think either "kit" comes with 1 file or license witch would cost you an additional 100 if you did figure out a way to flash it your self.

i dont think the qs plugs into the stock harness on a non R model either Woolich or FT kits plug in to the tip over sensor.
the Woolich kit is 435 and the FT kit is 290(when they get more sensors) or if you wanted you can use other sensors and get the FT wire kit.

the cornering abs only works on the R model the standard abs has a 5 axis IMU and the R has a 6 axis. - i dont know if they are interchangeable but it would be an pricey test.

jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome summary. Thanks.

i dont think the qs plugs into the stock harness on a non R model either Woolich or FT kits plug in to the tip over sensor.
I was wondering about that. So, you have to sacrifice another sensor and I assume each kit swaps these inputs in the ECU. That would explain why they say you need their flash to work with their kit.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Awesome summary. Thanks.

I was wondering about that. So, you have to sacrifice another sensor and I assume each kit swaps these inputs in the ECU. That would explain why they say you need their flash to work with their kit.
i know that the Woolich sensor will work with the FT flash but i havent tried it the other way. the tip over switch still functions it may just be that is where the factory has the harness wired and that is where they figured out to go.

jason

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Got the OEM "R" unit, how the heck does this hook up to my 17 non R??? all the plugs in reach of the cable are taken, this sure as shit doesnt look "PLUG N PLAY" to me? Or im retarded

PLEASE HELP!

not sure which orientation it goes either but on each end in reach of the plugs I dont see any empty dongles....

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
it isnt plug and play... the euro kit comes with a harness and new ecu. (i know you can flash the ecu) but you probably need the harness

? who told you it would work???????????? get help from them.

jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got the OEM "R" unit, how the heck does this hook up to my 17 non R??? all the plugs in reach of the cable are taken
I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram for the L7.

The part diagram of the wiring harness looks the same:
https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/5972114987a8660d2849ce9c/wiring-harness-gsx-r1000l7-e33
https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/5972117b87a8660d2849cf2e/wiring-harness-gsx-r1000rzl7-e33

But Jason was saying that the after market kits have to use an existing sensor plug.

not sure which orientation it goes either
For orientation, check out:
https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/5972116587a8660d2849cf16/gear-shifting
Specifically this image:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts