Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure that Honda used 16" wheels. I am not sure which model but I'm sure some knows.

G

·
0 Posts
Honda used 16" wheels on all their 83-85 VF700/750 interceptors as well as the 1984-86 VF500 interceptor, 1986-1987 VFR700/750 interceptors and finally the 1993 -1996?? CBR 900RR used 16" front wheels.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: GixxerRacer371 ]</p>

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Didn't the late '80's GPZ/Ninja's have a 16" front too? That might work too.<hr></blockquote>

Yes they did. So did the 1985 Suzuki GS700, in fact it might even bolt on and use the stock brake rotor.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use this bike for dragracing and have seen a few guys with the 16 inch wheels on the front of there bikes(I'm trying to lower front of bike).I was wandering if anyone knows which ones can be used or any bikes that come with a 16 inch front rim that I could look for. Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thank to everyone for the help I'm sure I can find one of these wheels that will work. If anyone knows of a good place to start looking for one I could use some help there to.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I know for sure that the 96 cbr 900rr front wheel fits. I just put a set of 2001 bandit wheels on a 96 cbr 900. The bearings are the same the rotors worked I just had the machine shop make me the right size spacers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Suzuki Katana 750SE (popup headlight) came with a 16 inch front wheel standard. It was the same style as early GSXR's with 6 spoke in a tri pattern. May or may not be an easy fit, both being suzuki's of similar era. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a 85 750 with 98 cbr900 rims forks and subframe.They all fit very nice , just a little skill and your all good.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GSXR1340:
If anyone knows of a good place to start looking for one I could use some help there to.
<hr></blockquote>

I'm headed over to my buddies garage Saturday morning...He's been racing for years and has a pile of crap beyond belief...I'll poke through it and see what I can find...I remember a couple of GPZ-750's burried in there...I'm updated on my DPT shots so I'll be fine
I'll PM you with what I find Saturday. I'll send images if I remember my camera.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll look around on E-bay for some CBR wheels I think they will be the easiest to find. THANKS AGAIN!!! (i hope my bike is still fast with honda parts on it) haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts