Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok where to start....Let me copy and paste the ad from E-bay!

This bike is fast!!! it goes really well and handles great ive owened it for three years and went right through it last year,i had the forks rebuilt,new brakes,flushmount blinkers New eye catching Custom Pearl Paint, that sparkles in the sun. New chain and sprockets, New D&D Pipe, Strortz Stabilizer... Rubber in Great Condition... Tank Bra included... Driven Daily... Numerous Extras... Dynoed atRear Wheel 132HP i am relisting with a lower reserve,i am still searching for a boat,so trade offers are welcome.

Now were all on the same page!!!!!!!!

You guys must understand, i asked all the needed questions before i wasted about 70.00 in gas to go there....

Front tire scalloped so bad i was afraid to ride the bike. Rear tire burned down in the middle, and edges also shot....Oh wait......all the rubber was still up under the subframe...Atleast the asshole could have wiped the shit off...

Forks felt like 2 wet sponges, the bodies themselves looked like someone was wacking them with a screwdriver....Rear Shock....LOL...WASTED!

Front rotors scored so bad i would just toss them, same with the rear! Oh but wait......new pads! jackass!

Pipe....Was rusted so bad coming off the head, it was flaking.....Can....scratched, rusted, garbage...oh wait he said it was new!

Electrical....i would say atleast 90% of the wires were cut and taped for some reason. And none of the cluster lights worked either...Except the neutral light stayed on all the time...

Windshield had 2 bolts holding it on.....

Now we get to the condition of the frame/running gear.......I thought the wheels were painted blk...Oh wait they were grey! I guess with all the chain lube, brake dust, and road dirt, i coulnt tell....The shock linkage was absolutley never wiped off, or washed.....I wouls say for the 10 yrs the bike has been around. Bike was never taken care of....Was definetley down, cyl was gouged, and i wanted all the body work removed, but realized it wasnt even worth the trouble. All the hardware that was used was all carbon steel, RUSTED! Pinch bolts were nasty Hex heads, well u get the picture......So anyway the motor did seem to run good, but i refused a test ride....Just didnt look safe to me!
All aluminum was corroted, Just a big mess....

Offered 2K he said no and i drove 8 hrs home!

Oh well.......I will keep lookin!

Thats the story!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i wasnt expecting a gold mine for 2500.00.

But it might have been a diamond in the rough......

Every other comment was like.......Oh yea thats something else i had to tell ya! Ummmm now theres a flat spot off idle, seat wont comeoff unless u do this!

Now i might be a little norotic about my bikes and cars and trucks, but this fat fuck didnt even take the time to clean the friggin thing to sell it.

His comment to me was and i quote!

( Well if i knew u were such a perfectionist i would not had u drive all this way)

Oh well..........Live and learn!

I'll pickup somethin soon

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by z1bigtom:

I'll pickup somethin soon
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's the right attitude... be patient and remember that this late in the season, time is on your side. (fwiw I wouldn't even have offered $2K for what you describe that thing was like...) I did see this 750 online... dunno how close that is to where you are or what you are after... last winter, I got my 1100 the day after x-mas... it needed tires and a chain, and the steering damper was missing, but the bike was in *awesome* shape other than that. I've put over 10K miles on it this summer, and even though I went bikeless last summer, it was *well* worth the wait to find what I really wanted instead of settling for something that was "2nd best". Sorry you hadda waste your time, and good luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FastCat..........I just went thru that state on my way home........Damit!

Looks sweet though.......Thats what i'm lookin for all original.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same thing happened to my buddy last week on eBay. He bought a mountain bike, sight unseen from some guy in NC ... used but great condition. "Like new, needs nothing."

Sure, the rear subframe for the rear shock was CRACKED, the shock was hosed, the FLAT handlebars from some Mongoose when it was supposed to be a set of risers, as well as the "special custom-fit Mongoose seat post" [read: hacksawed], that was supposed to be new and somethnig better.

Just can't trust some of the fuckers out on eBay, man, it is a great system that I use to buy and sell all the time, but some morons just ruin this planet and it's niceties so the rest of us have a shit time here.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have only bought one thing site unseen and got burned..a jacket that was not even the right size..atleast the guy who sold it took it back, I was lucky, very lucky..
I guess it all boils down to one guys definition of "perfect" versus another!!
I bet after a waste of time like that you wanted to
something!!
Hey, at least you didn't pay the guy a dime for it..how would you have liked to have paid for it and then got there and seen what a piece of crap it was

Live and learn!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I only paid $3000 for my one. All original and low miles. She's a real beauty.
Good bikes are out there....you just need patience, time and a bit of luck.
Just seek and you will find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts