Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES, that's true! No question about the differences in dynos but the bone stock figures were 155hp at the rear wheel and in the same dyno 168hp at the wheel w. yosh Japan full system!! This particular racer (bike owner) told me that the engine in K5 1000 is actually totally planned by the Yoshimura R&D Japan (which I didn't know before).
Any thoughts about this?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Those are the same figures we get (South Africa) with the same system. Only 10 form the pipe but the bike runs massively lean. In some cases guys are adding 18% fuel on the top end but then are getting 13 and sometimes even more power with the full Yosh 4.2.1 shortie.

P.S. Note this is at 6000 feet.

Nigel.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I could get that much power without spending as much money as that system costs.
Depends where you are. In SA and Aus, and lots of places in Europe, the Yosh Jap system is much cheaper than anything else!! As for the Quality, there is no better system. Then there is the fact that the exhaust, cams, ECU etc. are all matched to each other and can be installed as a package that works!!

Nigel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are quite right about that Nigel. The full Jap spec system is a WAY cheaper than the acra evo 2 and is actually putting out even better hp figures. My Yoshi is under installation at the moment but I'll post you some dyno curves next week!

PS. ...is also the best looking exhaust for K5....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Those are the same figures we get (South Africa) with the same system. Only 10 form the pipe but the bike runs massively lean. In some cases guys are adding 18% fuel on the top end but then are getting 13 and sometimes even more power with the full Yosh 4.2.1 shortie.

P.S. Note this is at 6000 feet.

Nigel.
So the k5 do require more fuel up top than the k4. Is that due to the added injectors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.