Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish to fit a digital oil pressure gauge , I would need a sender too , so a kit option might be best - I'm new to working these engines but not new to working engines - a few questions ,
1/- what would normal / peak oil pressure be ?

2/ what is 'normal ' running temperature ?

My engine is 1216 using BUSA slugs , compression is 9.2:1 , stock cams , stainless ex valves , lock up clutch , BB turbo ,

I'm still building the bike but it runs and I'm close to finishing detail.
Thanks for any advice / help:cheers

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Off the top of my head i can tell you this:i run a temp guage and the motor is happiest around 90 deg c and stays around there if i keep moving at a decent speed(orible hot big block set up).True as said top end oilers are a waste off time really on these motors and the main thing if youre worried about oil press is not to set the idle low-very critical point there.Hope its some help

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
We never heard from the OP again.

There is a lot of misinformation and misconceptions out there about Top End Oil Kits...they were intended for big block monster motors (86mm+), when you have to machine so much out of the upper case, in order to provide clearance for huge cylinder sleeves, that you end up losing the factory top end oil circuit, below where the stock block would sit...
Or otherwise have modified the lube circuit.

What makes them so popular is...They aren't all that expensive, they are an easy bolt on, they usually have some nice shiny anodized fittings and most of us think they look cool.
Again, they offer no benefit on a stock or mild motor.

I think they look bitchin' on 1500cc+ GS drag bike engines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That link to top end oilers dont work is interesting,i was only looking from an oil cooled point of view,my old efe loved hers,cams looked like new after 15 years total abuse,although the crank had 12 cracks in it!!.I hadnt realised that oil cooled motors take unfiltered oil for the top end cooling.Actually i wish i could unread that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts