Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’m going to just get this up quick with a few pieces of info before I go on my summer vacation camping with my 12 year old son from tomorrow before I change my mind, but am probably ready to let it go when I get back. I have the receipts from KWS and will try to post more detail later, but here’s some background:

- Bought new in ‘03 (Traded up from K1)
- Sold to friend about six years later
- Bought back five years after I sold it! ($5k)
Note: At that time it was modified mildly, Yosh RS3 TI RACE Duplex full system, Yosh “S” cams, PCIII, TEKA II flashed, FP Velocity stacks,ARATA Racing Rearsets, various other...
- When I bought it back, it had a SLIGHT bottom-end “knock” at start-up, so I didn’t want to risk anything going wrong... decided to rebuild and go pretty much “all out”... sent it to KWS for Level 4 motor...
- 1070cc bored over with CP Pistons
- Marine Crank welded/returned +4mm stroker crank (took it to 1143cc)
- Carrillo Rods
- Falicon Billet clutch
- Factory Pro shift detent (star) and calibrated shift spring
- FP advance plate
- FP Velocity Stacks
- Power Commander V upgrade with Autotune and bung professionally welded to collector
- Tuning switch for “capture” runs with autotune off wideband
- PC POD in dash with telemetry readouts (4 values)
- Penske rear shock w/Ohlins spring
- Still Yosh S Cams
- Slight head “touched”, fresh valve guides/seals when rebuilt by KWS
- Goodrich Kevlar lines w/Braking rear wave rotor
- Various stuff I can’t remember

I’m ready to let it go for less than I put in the motor, let alone the bike! First $6k from an experienced rider/buyer and somebody gets to torque wheelie 3rd/4th on this beast like a boss... but be SURE you really WANT this kind of power because NOBODY NEEDS it!!! (I found out I don’t!)

At 52 yrs and with half-a-dozen other bike projects and four kids and an anxious wife, I just don’t need this and my wife really wants me to “just sell it”!

I’ll try to post KWS invoice/build sheet when I get a chance... might be next weekend after my camping trip. I am taking over $6k loss from what I have in the bike since I bought it back, but I’m also realistic about modified bikes and what people will pay.

Good rubber. Good brakes. Good condition with VERY minor little scuff or few from normal moving around garage and cleaning and brushing against but really looks and runs spanking clean. NEVER DOWN. Slight “crack” in rear tail section just UNDER seat from my fat-ass pressing back against it under acceleration now and then... NOT visible unless you take seat off. Does NOT affect function/appearance at all.

Some pics are with OLD-SCHOOL (aluminum) Yoshi canister BUT it will be sold with the proper Carbon Fiber RS3 that came with the full RACE Duplex Titanium Yoshimura system. (Also in some photos) Hopefully I add some more photos and detail yet today before my trip and/or can answer any questions.

Phew! Not sure I am ready to pull the trigger on this post and actually let this go... but here’s to moving on in life at my old age... (Novice buyers: Please DON’T BUY THIS BIKE!!! I WON’T sell to you unless you have a MINIMUM of 5 yrs endorsement and several motorcycles owned of significant displacement and/or power and/or you have racing experience and KNOW what you are getting into. I have a conscience... so... this thing is just NOT for everyone who wants a “cool/fast/powerful” bike.)

NOTE: I am in Ohio. I can meet part way if necessary or possibly even deliver to reasonable distance with my truck and trailer by arrangement. (My work schedule is very busy, and would have to be on a weekend.)

-crisp

Attachments

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUILD SHEET and INVOICE - KWS:

Note: The motor burned a little oil when returned so I pulled it after this and had the head redone as I had left it alone forst round and sure enough, had some minor valve guide/seal wear/leak so they fixed that. Another grand or so with removal, shipping & parts, reinstall. This doesn’t include the PCV and POD and Autotune I also then added, nor the Penske I out in about that time. Also missing are the Factory Pro Detent I paid separately and had drop-shipped to add during build... and some other details we walked through second round. (Can’t find the adendum invoice.)

Motor first rebuilt at aprox. 20,000 and then run 1,200-1,400 miles when noted slight oil burn-off, pulled, refreshed head and returned with about 21,500. Currently @ 25,xxx miles running excellent. I just don’t have the time nor courage to really ride it. Basically, it’s an under 4,000 mile built motor since 2015 when I did it per invoice date.

-crisp

Attachments

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE!

The NEW fancy of my interest is about to arrive at my local dealer within a week or so! I’m pretty sure I am buying the new 2020 GR Supra, so the bike has to go asap now...

First $5,000 cash takes the beast home! 😱

Won’t last long... must sell to buy new toy... lol.

-crisp

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,795 Posts
I'll help the cause and clear out some space for ya - $5000 for the little smoker in the background?

Beautiful K3 - GLWS

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll help the cause and clear out some space for ya - $5000 for the little smoker in the background?

Beautiful K3 - GLWS
Lol, I actually let that RG go awhile back... for a LOT more than that. 😁 Last I heard, it went for about $25k to a good new home... 😉

-crisp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts