Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had to renew my throttle cables. Is there any quick fire tips for installing new cables on to the carbs - like how much thread do you need showing on the adjustment etc.?

I've checked the Suzuki manual and it only references having play at the throttle end - which is a bit of pain if you need to contort your wrist to get at the carb end.

Dave

·
Registered
77 Posts
Carbs are fairly easy to remove on this model (at least mine have been on the 750w) and once out of the boots, you can tilt them to facilitate cable installation.

·
Juvenile Thinker
279 Posts
Yes, I have found it's easiest to remove the carbs to install and adjust the cables. It can be done with them in the bike but you still need the tank off. The easiest way is to set the grip end adjusters to mid range, install the cables on the throttle tube then route them to the carbs and install them with no slack. Then follow the service manual procedure to set throttle cable play.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have found it's easiest to remove the carbs to install and adjust the cables. It can be done with them in the bike but you still need the tank off. The easiest way is to set the grip end adjusters to mid range, install the cables on the throttle tube then route them to the carbs and install them with no slack. Then follow the service manual procedure to set throttle cable play.

Cheers mate, that's the kind of info I'm looking for :smile::smile:

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
davemfox
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing