Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Paul's 36mm Slingshot carbs from his 92 1100 on my 86 750 and it's running great, but I have a couple of issues.

First, the K&N dual pod filters from the 1100 won't fit on my 750, the bike frame is too tight to the top of the carbs. Will K&N's for an 88-89 750 work for me? I would think they should fit, unless the 88 frames are really different than the 86.

The second issue is the throttle cable. Even with both adjusters taking up max slack, I still have about 1/8 throttle turn of slack. Will an 88-92 750 thottle cable solve this problem, or will I have to get a new throttle and cable? Thanks for the help guys, this forum provided me with the info needed to dump my 31mm carbs and move up to the Slingshots.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't know if the cables you are talking about will fit but you can order a generic push/pull throttle that will work.
On the pod filter would the individual filters work? I don't know how much room you have. The other alternative is to run open stacks, it might require a little more maintence but you get plenty of air flow. I ran mine with open stacks with no problems.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Sounds like you need the correct cables. But what do I know.
I had my 34's on with the same cable and it was fine. I'll be paying attention wo you though. I'll have to see what happens with my 38mm's.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I have gone from 34's,36's,and now 38's. I have used the same stock cable. You should have a little play in the cable. As far as the air filter. I can't help with that. I have never ran any on my carbs

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
i had the same issues with the k&n dual pod filters on the 36mm slingshots......what i ended up doing was pushing the ends of the filters downwards to clear the frame rails.....if i remember correctly, it didn't need THAT much bending. so when you look at the bike from the side, the filters end up looking more like a parallelogram than a rectangle.

k&n sells ovallish individual filters with an offset which will also work.

as for the cable, take it to the local shop and have them measure and then cut the existing inner cable off and put a longer one in....only takes a minute to do, and will cost you almost nothing.....you could even have a bicycle shop do this....

double check the cable routing first, though, your lack of cable slack could be because of misrouting, or something (like the tank) catching and pulling the cable housing.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts