Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like my old engine. Sold mine last week. I don't care about people making a buck on buying and selling parts but I don't like people not being straight up when trying to sell. I sold my engine with 21000 and it ran excellent. I didn't bullsh1t anyone. I have all the numbers from the stuff I've sold recently and will be happy to provide them to anyone wanting to check on potential puchases of 1100 engines.

Phil

[ 06-14-2002, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: 88/1100 ]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Don't know about the 1400 miles thing though...seems kinda fishy to me, but I am a suspicious bastard sometimes

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The engine is too heavy for UPS. I had this problem and I ended up taking the head off and shipping it seperately from the bottom end.

·
Registered
463 Posts
How much are these engines going for? It's really a big gamble buying a used motor. I'm just thinking what I should do in case my motor blows up. How much is a complete overhaul of an engine incl. gearbox? Do you recommend to buy a new crankshaft when reconditioning the engine?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Don't these guys ever read their copy after writing it? Is it just me, or did that 'sound' just like some dork on the shopping network praising the virtues of paying 2000bucks for 800 dollars worth of computer???

Anyhow, that's a lot of $$$$ for a 1052. I would have thought the price is more into 1127 land.

1400 miles.....since a rebuild? Tuneup? The guy only drove it out of his garage on mondays

1 - 11 of 11 Posts