Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my rebuild kit, I've got a set of Ferrea intake and exhaust valves (stock replacement sizing). I'd pretty much gone by hearsay on their relative quality, blah de blah.

However, I've heard since then, that for street use (exactly what I have in mind) that the Ferrea are only good for about 20,000 kilometers (approx 13,000 miles) whereas the OEM ones are actually quite fucking good and should do for another 50,000 + kilometers.

So, hmmmmmmm, what to do. I can Ebay what I have if necessary, so am not stuck with what I have, just curious about what the real scoop is........? My rebuild plans are only high performance over stock in that the pistons are 1146cc, ie the largest overbore without resleeving. Aside form that, the head will be cleanup up, with the seats reground, but no porting/polishing, oversized anything etc..

Thoughts from those who have experienced.....???

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell ya anythin about those valves but I was curious where you bought your rebuild kit?

EDGE_
Sorry, didn't mean to give the impression that I bought a full 'kit'. My kit is made up of parts that I've put together so that at least that aspect of the overall cost was taken care of....if I'd waited to have all the $$ at once, it never would get scheduled...:D !

I;ve picked up JE 1146cc pistons/rings, new OEM valve springs, Ferrea stock size intake and exhaust stainless valve springs, new OEM valve seals, HD cam chain, and my mind is going blank tonight as I type this
. I look forward to this winter.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it

Jacki, we will have to compare notes, though I'm not currently planning for Nitrous
....not _currently_ !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts