Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it only happens when i am above 10k rpms. I replaced spark plugs woth NGK iridium. replaced air filter. checked for vacuun leaks. replaced fuel strainer filter.. replaced kick stand switch.. replaced o2 sensor. help! parts cannon not working! I have a fuel pump on order for next weekend but i am selling his bike soon and ik afraid i csnt find what it is.... any chance top injectors are bad? i placed in dealer mode and there are no codes.. 20 thousand miles 2011 gsxr 1000. one owner.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have not measured but have ordered a new fuel pump. So theres an internal fuel filter on the pump or where is this? also I forgot to mention.. as soon as i let off the throttle a bit it regains power and accelerates.

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Yeah, it's better to buy random parts and wish one of them fixes the problem.
Actually testing and figuring out what is the problem is pointless. :fact :cheers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the parts cannon :( lol thats the last thing i do to it... if it doesnt work ill sell it as is for 4000 instead of 5000. let the next guy take care of it lol runs well except when you want to do 120 and up lol the fuel strainer was clogged so i do suspect bad pump. also pump doesnt whine like it used to. I can open and flush it but what for when the pump itself is cheap online.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just an update. its the fuel pump. I did the flow test and i dont even get 25ml. not sure how its running... ordered a used pump with 3000 miles . the whole assembly Because i bet the regulator is clogged too. thanks. ill update.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
In cases of fuel flow restriction, it's more likely for the high pressure filter to be clogged, than for the pump to be faulty. As far as I know, eBay pumps don't include the filter/pressure regulator assembly, so the net result of a new pump, will be swapping a good quality, working part for a bad quality one. Just one of the reasons not to blindly replace parts, just because "they're cheap online".

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its the whole assembly. not just the pump of course. Pump on its own wont fix it. Bike bandit had the high pressure filter for 130 with regulator.Ebay had the whole thing with 30 day return period for 80. Floater assembly and all.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
its the whole assembly. not just the pump of course. Pump on its own wont fix it. Bike bandit had the high pressure filter for 130 with regulator.Ebay had the whole thing with 30 day return period for 80. Floater assembly and all.
Never seen the whole assembly being sold new in the aftermarket. Are you perhaps talking about used OEM units?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i got a used oem unit. 3000 miles with a 30 day warranty. Installed and did the flow test. This pump is way better. double what the old one did. Slapped it on and wow... works like new. I imagine the old one was either going out or had a clogged regulator. 20k miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts