Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the brembo's on the '11-13 600/750 are a direct swap upgrade for the '09-11 1000's? Looking at upgrading the calipers and the most cost effective way would be for a set pulled from one of these if I can't find a set off a newer 1000.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes they fit. Direct bolt on. I ran the 11-13 600 Brembo's on my old K7 600 and they fit on perfectly (same calipers stock that you have). You will have no problems running those or the 12-14 1000 Brembo's. Even the lines bolt up but if you do go with aftermarket lines go with the ones off of the 12-14 1000 and it will be absolutely perfect. I ran stock rotors, L1 600 Brembo calipers, speigler lines, Ferodo pads (when ordering pads for the Brembo's look for pads for the Ducati 1198 or 848 evo as they use the same pads but for some reason the catalogs have a lot more available for them, different bolt spacing on the calipers but the pads are the same) Brembo 19RCS master cylinder and SRF fluid on my K7 600 and it was amazing. On my L3 1000 I'm running stock Brembo's, 19RCS Master cylinder, Galfer lines rotors and pads with AMSOIL fluid and it's even more fantastic.

Here is the K7 600 with Brembo's fitted. Bike had black fork tubes instead of gold because when I put the Ohlins cartridges in I swapped the 750 forks on instead. Rip Suki.

Or the L3 calipers. The L2-L4 bikes use thinner rotors from the factory to save weight, but when I went to the Galfer rotors I used ones for the K9-L1 and they are perfect. Saved a bunch of weight, 1.9 lbs each rotor (over the thinner rotors) for a 3.8 lb saving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts