Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my big bore projected after some troubles from the start..All I can say is it freaken rips now..I have the bike stretched with some bolt ons to start with, so I'm sitting at about 63 inches. In first gear the front wheel still walks up on me, when the tire hooks up.I'm only 1 tooth down in the front and stock in the back. If I don't heat the tire up, I can spin it in any rpm in first gear. I have a billet clutch basket in there with a new stock clutch. It seemed to be holding ok. I was thinking I might have to go with a lockup on it..
I did a roll on with my buddies Cabrera in ST gear and I walked awhile from it like it was sitting still. So I took it to the drag track on Wednesday and got some runs in. I found out that I was running the same mph as last year but two tenth faster..I believe the clutch is not holding the power when it gets into the high rpms..It pulls like crazy in the mid but top end it just seems like the clutch is not holding...Need less to say I smoked this new clutch in just 6 runs. So, The bike down again waiting for a lockup clutch. I hope to be up and running in two weeks. I'll post the dyno run after I get the new lockup clutch in it. Just some more money I have to spend.

I ran [email protected] mhp in the 1/4
in the 1/8 it went 6.103 @ 122 mph
60 foot sucked for bolt ons. I think the clutch started slipping as the 60 foot really went south after awhile.

last year on stock wheelbase I went
9.633 @ 147 mph in the 1/4
6.35 @ 121.8 mph in the 1/8

The bike has a +3mm custom Lees pistons
port head by KWS with +1MM oversize valves
PM valve springs with TI retainers
KWS custom ground Web cams .395 lift intake/ .354 lift exhaust
bore throttle bodies
APE lighten crank
APE clutch basket
Carrillo rods
HP = EST around 190

·
Registered
941 Posts
WOW......keep me posted on this......

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Bike sounds like big fun now . What springs did you have in the clutch ? If my head gasket ever shows up it will be fun to compare dyno runs with yours . What squish is yours ?

Dave

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was running the Brock clutch cushion. I was have a stock head gasket the is punched out for the +3mm over bore. KWS sells them, so squish is at .030 I believe

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I'm pretty sure the stock ones compress to .027" so you are likely 30 or so . I was going to use a KWS -OEM but mine measured 0 deck and 27 was too tight for me . Was thinking of trying a cushion too but seems there are a pile of just like new ones for sale ... maybe for a reason . I'm just going to try OEM steels , fibers and heavy Barnette springs first . Are the 9.00's going to be there when the clutch is figured out ?

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts